Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Freestyles

It is Friday!

Freestyle Friday!

And it has been a long long GOOD day.  That is a good thing, because I LOVE it when my day goes by super fast. I like to get to work, look up and go  "Wow! It's time to go!"

That makes for a good day.

Alright, I talked with the military chick who does my official drawings and she will pull the winners on TUESDAY. So the contest runs until Today. Make your comments on today's post through
Monday... something like that. You will figure it out.

I would talk about the politics, but nope. It is such a... show. And we know it. I am sure there will be much more to think about last 

I don't think I ever talked about the workshop I attended last weekend. It was a legacy memoir workshop, and that was great. I can write my own story much better, which helps out much on blog.

But the place where it was held...


Farmview Market out in Madison Georgia.

I say "out" because it was way out in the countryside, a good hour from my house, way out past the  city's eastside. Waaaaaaaay out.

Out in "the country" as the old folks like to say.

And you can tell too from the pictures.





Not a doggone skyscraper in sight! Nope! I was 60 miles from downtown Atlanta, that's for sure!

And they have a huge meeting room that our writers group can use for free.

What was great is the place supplied free ICE.



And you KNOW how I feel about ice.

The best times were break times... that gave us a chance to explore the market!

I saw some things I liked:

How wonderful is that?

Then I saw something I didn't like:


Pure worm Castings! What the heck is that? I didn't bother to look it up.  I ASSUME it's some fertilizer. I can't imagine what else it's used for.

But I enjoyed the workshop. I made sure to get up early and leave the house (by 8:50 a.m. instead of my intended 8:30 a.m.) and I got there on time - 10:00 a.m.  However, the workshop didn't start until 11:00 a.m. so low and behold I was an hour early! Imagine that!

Then I thought it was a two hour workshop, but it was a five hour workshop!

Wow!!

I think I was just focused on getting there!  And I did. And I am glad of it.

And  I will be getting back there.

Song of the Week.  I have TWO great ones. I heard both this past week, and both are hail from the early 90's.

"Sending My Love" by Zhane


"Love's taken Over" by Chante Moore.


(I tell you... aren't you thankful that HD is the norm these days?  Because these videos. SMH)

Oh my! Those songs bring back some memories. If you're my age, you can remember where you were and what you were doing when those songs were hot.

That is it for me.

Look, DO NOT be discouraged by all the chaos going on.  Create your own peaceful space. That is and always be my goal. No matter what's going on in politics, take life day by day, and give strength to the great things that happen that day in your life. That is my plan. Yes, it is.

On that note, have a great weekend!

On purpose.


3 comments:

  1. Ladylee,
    I don't know what pure worm castings are but there is a trend, or more like an idea, that insects can be a viable food source for humans. Some people do eat ants, grasshoppers, larvae, etc. If Walmart sold chocolate covered ants, I may try them. Some of this type of food has a lot of protein which is good for you. After I finish this post, I am going to google worm castings.
    Peace.
    B.O.P.
    P.S. If this post doesn't find it's way into the contest, I'm cool with it being that I mostly post anyway contest or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worm castings - soil fertilizer, aka worm poop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Who would've ever thought to pick that up and package it? NASTY!!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!