Wednesday, January 24, 2018

New Furniture 2017


I had a ton of goals during the holidays. I didn't write most of them down, but I do think I actually accomplished most of them.

One of my goals was to go look at some furniture. At least go look. If I saw something I wanted, I could think about purchasing it.

So I think I went to three different places. I saw some furniture I wanted at one of those places and I made a purchase. (Well, I financed it. It will be paid off well before summer).

So I like dark woods. I purchased some cherry wood furniture, a chest and a dresser, for my bedroom.

(I  bought that 15 inch flat screen TV/DVD player 10 years ago. It costs $500 way back then. It may be $100-200 now. My oh my, how times have changed. Technology is something else).

I like that. And while I was decluttering, I found a few beautiful scarfs. Apparently I got them as gifts over the years, because I would never up and buy pretty scarfs. My sister had even asked me for a scarf for her head so her head wouldn't be cold when she went outside, and I handed her one of the colorful scarfs. She scoffed at the thought of putting the scarf on her head. "Lisa, this is the type of scarf you wear around your neck, not one you wrap around your head."

*crickets*

Uh, ok. I wasn't going to argue with her. She is a diva. She's an expert on such matters.

I am a bit weary of scratching up the furniture. So I placed the scarf on top of the dresser.

(I have looked up and seen Sister Callie Jo sitting up there. I have even seen the scarf on the floor. This unnerves me something awful. I have been talking much trash about it. Alas, Callie Jo thinks twice about jumping up there).

Now for one of the upstairs bedrooms, I have purchased some white furniture. I purchased a chest and two end tables.
What I LOVE about this set are the tops. The striated wood caught my attention.

(Excuse the messy bed. That is my sister's fault).

I did not like this for my bedroom, but it is nice for upstairs. The drawers are MUCH deeper in this white set. My set has shallow drawers, and this is fine, as I don't have many clothes. It is just right for my clothes. My sister can use the upstairs set for her and Justin's clothes. It is good to have extra clothes and diapers and such at my house.

So that's the furniture I purchased. That was fun. Maybe later this year I will do something in the other spare bedroom. I would love to turn that into an office, where I can get some writing done. Right now I sit at the dining room table and write.

Over the years, I think I think to hard about such matters, instead of doing what I did this time: just simply go out and enjoy the act of window shopping and perusing furniture. And IF I saw something  I liked, take a day or two to think about it, then come back and order it.

And that works out fine. And I know it will work out fine next time.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:31:00 PM

    Those are pretty big items. Did you tip the guys who moved them for you?
    B.O.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I tipped them. But the furniture delivery cost $150, so uh....

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!