Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Days 2018, Part II

So this is our second round of snow and ice in the ATL.

And as usual, we all panic down here. I myself left work 3 hours early on Tuesday. It is usually dark when I get off from work, and there was NO WAY I was going to be driving home in the dark, in some sleet and ice. NOPE. So I took some leave and left early.

I didn't run to the store for milk and bread, like most Atlantans tend to do.  I did go to a grocery store, but it was a pleasure field trip/visit to a new gentrified grocer near my house. I bought some items, and I got home around 4:30 pm.

I woke up to lots of sunshine. I leaned over and lifted the blinds next to my bed and saw this:

My driveway was covered in snow. No, it's not a lot.  But this is the ATL, which means it might as well be 10 feet of snow. So that meant the workplace was shut down. Luckily I had my work laptop and lab notebooks, so I could work from home. I did that  (not a great efficient job of it, but oh well).. 

And here's how it looked outside my bedroom window late this afternoon.
The snow is melting. And it looks like my neighbor has ventured out in his big truck. But with temperatures in the teens tonight, the wet streets will freeze over, leaving dangerous sheets of black ice. And I got an email saying the job is closed again tomorrow. And that is fine by me.

It would be finer if I wasn't teleworking.

And as long as this power and internet stays on, I'm good.  Real good. 

We should all relax.

Spring is right around the corner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!