Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Freestyles

Man, listen....

I'ma need ya'll to pray for our president.

Or at least put Pa-Pa, i.e, our president, in the back room when he starts talking crazy.

And he was behind closed doors when he said the crazy deranged stuff he said about Haiti and Africa being shithole countries.

You have to give folks a pass who don't know that Africa is a CONTINENT, a collection of over 50 countries. Ignorance is a real thing, ya'll.

But why are you surprised? You know this man don't like black and brown people. You really know it now that he desires some Norwegian immigrants.

Let's throw the Quote of the Week in here super early:

"When people show you who they are, believe them."

I know what he is. And I believe him. And I will just ignore him.

Too bad his decisions affect public policy and our lives... for years and years to come.

Sigh.

And with that said, I will go on living. And depending on God to take care of me. That's the nitty gritty of what it comes down to.

This is little stuff. Ya'll better hope we don't get caught up in a nuclear war because he can't keep himself calm.

We all know that "MAGA" stuff ain't gonna work.

LadyLee ain't picking cotton or tending babies. Nope. No slave stuff going on. And I am rather mild mannered. I wish they would try to get negroes to participate in some foolishness. That will not work out! By force or otherwise.

Humph.

Knowledge is power. This reminds me to learned, and don't walk around saying ignorant ish. 

With that said, I am ready for the weekend!

And today is PAYDAY!

I think I will get to see my little nephew this weekend. He's just shy of 5 months old.


And he is a SNAZZY fella, too. I wish I had a quilted outfit like that. Especially since it's going to be COLD this weekend in the ATL!

We have enjoyed temperatures in the 50s and 60s this week. And who would've thought that I would've been happy to see that. But with those "warm" temperatures came a TON of rain.

This weekend, it's going to be cold, in the 20s and 30s, I believe. I can't say I care for that!

But that is fine. The first green leaf will sprout on the tree soon enough.

Show of the week. Have ya'll been watching the new show 911 on FOX??


MAN!!!

It is a new police/fireman procedural on FOX.

Wow. It blows me away. The writing is just, wow!

Tell me something... How do you get Angela Bassett...


... and Aisha Hinds...

IN THE SAME SHOW!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

WHOA.

That was the main reason I tuned in. Those are two EXCEPTIONAL actresses.

Plus me and Aisha have the same haircut. That makes her my automatic favorite.

Angela Bassett is a bad azz in this show.  A COMPLICATED bad azz. Her performance is up there with her Tina character in What's Love Got to Do with it. 

My favorite performance of her's is the head voodoo priestess in American Horror Story: Coven. There were a couple of times when I just stood up and clapped after some of her key parts. This performance is on par with that one. 

That show is so good, with so many twist and turns, that it had me jumping UP out of the bed and yelling fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggg!!!

I think I stopped breathing a couple of times!

It was so good that I have to go back and watch the two episodes that have aired. I know I missed something. It was that good.

I highly recommend you check it out.

The Weekend. So it's a 3 day weekend. Happy MLK day in advance.

I am decluttering. STILL. The goal this weekend is to get rid of a couple of trash bags of stuff, whether it be clothes, books or trash. Whatever. Get it out of there!

And I have things to do. My coworker's wife is having a baby, so I am going to work on the baby blanket, or at least get started on it. I sent some pictures of blankets I have over the blog to her. She chose a yellow and white granny smith baby blanket. I sent some samples home with my male coworker and she made some choices.



I like the ruffle borders for a girl, but she wants that straight border. Straight border it is!

Salads. Here's a random picture of some of my salads for today and the weekend.

I thought I would eat all that today. I guess I am just hungry in the morning. I got through half of that veggie one today. I will eat the rest tonight. I will deal with the other one tomorrow... hopefully. I want some hot wings, but I will try to be good. I will try.

Song of the week. This one right here goes out to my beloved president since he think Africa is a shitthole.

"Nights over Egypt" by the Jones Girls.



Sometimes we have to see some positive images of Africa instead of the malnourished babies with bloated bellies. Yes that exists. But you know Africa is a great place when it's been raped and pillaged for it's resources.  Not such a shithole when we trying to get those diamonds and oil, huh....

That's it for me. I will leave you with that little bootleg Food-for-Thought.

Have a great weekend!

On purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!