Monday, April 06, 2020

Good Fantastic Monday Evening

Good Monday Morning,

Haven't said that in awhile.

But it is a good morning, no matter what kind of mess we are caught up in.

Yes I call it a mess. I'm STILL tripping hard that we are lockdown, albeit not a national lockdown (which we actually need).  I am in the state of Georgia, so we in the house. But would you have guessed all this when we were hollering "Happy New Year!" on January 1, 2020?

No.

I keep saying it in past posts. But I am just amazed by it all. Amazed and saddened.

You know why we going through all this? Because we are captive to a leader with a fragile ego. Fragile as bible paper. Fragile as glass. Just fragile. We need some real leadership.

And for a minute there, it looked like we were about to be over in Jim Jones-Guyana moment.

Then Damian showed up on the scene.

(You have to be old school to understand those references).

Book of the Week. I haven't been reading that much. But I read a book over the weekend that was PHENOMENAL.

The Quiet Ones by Brandon Massey. 



He always does a FANTASTIC job. Just outstanding. If he wrote a book every week, I could get through this quarantine period faster.

This book is about two sisters who were separated when their single mother is murdered by a boyfriend. Both go into the foster care system, and twenty-five years later, one sister goes on a search for the other... and things go a bit crazy.

Yeah, that is vague as hell. Go read the description. It is available on kindle. GREAT READ, if you like black horror and black thriller books. Those types of books are hard to find.

I remember back in the day that I use to read a book a week, at least 50 books a year. THIS is the type of book that makes me want to go back to that habit. So good.

Song of the week. An Oldie but Goodie. I have put this one up a few times in the past. Putting it up again, as it is part of the "soundtrack" to a story I am writing.

If it does not come up, here is the link: "Why must we wait until tonight (remix)" by Tina Turner.



That is a FANTASTIC song.  The first few lines are incredible:
You gonna take a little time...
Gonna drank me like a... fine wine...
Write the book of love line by line.

WOW.

That's that good good.

That is it for me. My goal is to post everyday this week, as it is therapy during these trying times.

We ALL gonna have a good week and LIVE this week... on purpose.

Literally.

That has GOT to be the mindset during these dark days. Yes indeed.



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your posts the rest of the week, and your book one-day.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!