Thursday, April 30, 2020

Ten Thursday Thoughts

My oh my... these "Thoughts" days know they be rolling around quickly!

I actually have about 46183 thoughts, but I will just write out the 10 straight off the top of my head.

1. So the state of Georgia is open now. I didn't' see my Governor's news conference on it, but someone sent me their thoughts. Basically the shelter-in-place is lifted, but he suggested we stay inside. Also, keep six feet distance from folks unless you can't help it. No social gatherings unless you just have to...

What kind of tomfoolery is this?

2. Alas, I will do what my city of Atlanta mayor Keisha say do: stay my a$$ in the house unless I got some essential ish to do.

3.  My journal entries every night more often than not start out with: "Today was a slow day..."

4. Tomorrow is Pay Day. Woo-hooo!!!

5. I am more than thankful for it, but this doesn't mean much. Ain't like I can go out and go shopping or anything. I have gotten to the point where I just schedule all my online bills a week in advance.

But I need some clothes. But OH WELL.  Hence, just pay bills.

6. My oven element broke. I ordered a new one, and watched a video on how to replace it. I'm not pressed about it, as I rarely use my oven (just for cookies these days, and I haven't made any since mid-March). Hence, the element is in a box in the corner of the dining room. I wear my toaster oven OUT, though.

7. I have a real expensive downdraft stove. So if I needed to get it replaced, it will cost me about $3400. No ma'am. No sir. I think I would just go buy a hot plate, and stick with my trusty toaster oven.

8. All this time at home, I would've really appreciated having a microwave oven. I haven't had one in about 5 or 6 years. But Lord have mercy... it would've been nice to have one these past 6 or 7 weeks I've been cooped up in the house. I am doing more cooking, and I always have leftovers. Would've been nice to just pop items in the microwave... instead of having to bust out a skillet or a boiler to heat up food. Ugh.

9. Last time I went to the grocery store, all the bacon was gone... except for the Smithfield bacon. With all the problems they are having at those plants, people were steering clear of it. I managed to score a pack of Oscar-Mayer bacon.

I rarely buy bacon. I tend to buy it from the butcher section of a place like Whole Foods, where I can, for example, just buy four or five slices. (Those four or five slices will last me a couple of months if I wrap them right. But before we got stuck in the house, I decided to buy a whole pack of prepackaged bacon.

Now the last time I remember buying bacon on the regular many years ago, a high price was about $4.99 a pack. But now it's around $7.99. When the world did that happen?

10. I plan on going to the grocery store in the morning. I wanted to go this morning, but I need to run up in there around 8 am, when there's not a whole herd of people up in there. Let's just say I didn't roll out of bed until 9:30 am. Sigh.

I have to get there early, because you know with the lockdown, folks had already lost their minds. Now with it really over,  they gonna be REALLY out in the streets...
Damn all the social distancing,
Damn the masks and gloves.
Damn all of that.

So I will don my mask and gloves, get my baggie of wipes together, and stuff two small bottles of hand sanitizer strategically in my Corona shopping pants (a pair of multi-pocket cargo pants), quietly run up in the Publix and get my items...

... And hightail it lickety-split back to the house.

Really, tho...

That was a fast Thoughts! 

Wanted to add more, but I would be writing all night long.

You have a good evening! On purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!