Monday, May 04, 2020

Pizza, Pizza!

One of my favorite foods is PIZZA.

And I like it with traditional toppings, my favorite being pepperoni, onions, sausage, peppers, and mushrooms.

My favorite pizza with those toppings is from a spot called Mellow Mushroom, which happens to be a half mile from my job. So maybe once every couple of months, I will pick up a small pizza. It costs $14 and it is sooooo good.

With us living in these corona times, I have had to improvise. I was looking through a vegetarian magazine a couple of months ago, and I came across a pizza that looked interesting.


Sweet Earth Herb Lover's 5 Cheese Pizza. The five cheeses are parmesean, asiago, romano, fontina, and mozarella.

I thought, hmmm... that looks interesting. And I thought I would have to look for it the next time I went to my neighborhood co-op that sells that may have it.

When I finally got to the co-op, they had ONE pizza left. It was $7.99, and it looked to be a 12 inch size, which isn't too bad, but a little high for store frozen pizza.

Just look at the ingredients.


Rosemary, psyllium, wheat flour, lemon, mozzarella cheese, pesto, red pepper flakes... and thats's just in the crust!

Man oh man.... when I tell you it was GOOD? WOW!

GLORY!!

Now, with a store bought cheese pizza, I like to add my own toppings. That usually consists of throwing open the fridge and seeing what veggies I have that I need to get rid of, lol.

So here are my offerings:


I chopped and sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms and piled them on top. Here's the result.


Don't that look GREAT?  And it's the best store bought pizza crust I've ever had. It's a thin pizza, and the crust was crisp and chewy. And this pizza struck the right balance. I could even taste the lemon in the crust. SOOO good.

I usually save pop a pizza in half and use one half and freeze the other. This pizza does remarkably well with reheating uneaten portions.

So with the other half, I added some italian sausage.



Of course I went looking for it again. No such luck. None.

BUT, there was another pizza available from that brand: a veggie pizza.


Now, um... just looking at that, I thought That's got a LOT going on. I was especially confused with the note of the pizza crust being made from cornmeal, carrot, and chia.

A closer look at the back of the box left me a bit hesitant.


Cornmeal, chia seeds, psyllium, carrot.  And the toppings were brussel sprouts, broccoli, a vegan cauliflower/marinara sauc, and mushrooms, corn and tomatoes.

They are doing absolutely too much.

But since it was the only pizza left, I decided to snatch it. Pizza in general is important during these corona times, so I better gather that one up quick.

And I made it.

It was good, BUT I couldn't eat it as a regular pizza. It was more like a soft cracker with a lot of toppings. So I baked it up and sliced it (no need to add my own topics since there was so many toppings already), and stored it in the fridge. Let's just say it paired up well with my salads.


I have bought the cheese variety a couple more times at my local Publix. Of course, it was only ONE pizza left. And I just go ahead and get it.

But this cheese pizza is definitely my store brand go-to from now on... if I can track it down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!