Monday, May 11, 2020

Favorite Meals II: Sonoma Chicken Salad

One thing I know I love is chicken salad. I always made it when I've had some leftover chicken.

But I like this one I've gotten at the Whole Foods. It's called Sonoma Chicken Salad.

It has gone for $10.99 a pound. It might cost more now. I haven't bought it in a couple of years. And when I was buying it, I would buy no more than $5 worth. And that might enough to make a sandwich with.

I make it at home. It may be bootleg, but it tastes good enough.

I start off with chopped chicken meat.
This is usually leftover rotisserie chicken, or some chicken I need to boil before it goes bad on me.

The other major ingredients are grapes, walnuts and celery.


Chop it all up!
Throw it in a bowl!
Add some mayo, salt and pepper, and voila!

Sonoma chicken salad!


I don't know the amounts of the ingredients. I just eyeball it, like Grandma does. And it tastes just as good as Whole foods version.

I have even stretched this out with a chopped boiled egg, but that is too much going on.

This right here, though!

Oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!