Thursday, May 07, 2020

TWELVE Thursday Thoughts

Ten, no TWELVE Thoughts... On a Thursday!!!!


1. Man... I have lost count of what day it is in this quarantine madness. I think it is Day 50? Ugh. DAY 50.  This leaves me near speechless.

2. These days are running together. And I don't go back to work until June. COME ON, JUNE! Geesh.

3. That is, unless the Covid madness barrels out of control, and we spike back up in cases and deaths. We will be closed back up in the house... again.

4. I find that I am a bit haphazard. I may get some work done some days, then I may get absolutely nothing done (or at least it feels that way).

5. I never have to comb my hair, as I usually have it shaved down near bald once per month. But with all that's going on now, I haven't had a hair cut in 7 weeks. And right now, I find myself searching around the house looking for a rattail comb, because I desperately need it!

6. The ice cream man keeps circling the block. I think he is friends with the fellas that live a couple of houses down and across the street. They are always outside talking in the middle of the street, laughing and what-not.  At any rate, I wish the dude in the ice cream truck would turn that awful music off (One of my neighbors called it pediophile music. I think that phrase is stuck in my head.)

7. These new neighbors, who have been here about half a year, are better than the old ones. The old ones played music all time so the night. They were just so doggone loud.

8. With that said, I don't call the police on people. I just let them be. Play your loud music. I am too afraid of calling the police, and they come through acting a complete fool and something tragic happens. Ain't nobody got time for that. I don't want to have to live with the thought of  "If I just would've not called the police, none of this mess would've happened."

9. I made a grocery store run today.  I only wanted some fresh fruit and vegetables, but daggonit, I bought the whole store (well, not really. Only feels that way). My goal is to do major shopping every 2 weeks, and go once a week if I run out of salad greens and perishables, stuff like that. That is working out, but I need a plan B. Only spend a certain amount. Ugh.

10. Right now, I don't go to bed until around 1:30 am. I HATE that. I want to go to bed around But I rarely sleep 8 hours. I sleep about 5 hours a night. I wish I could change that.
11. One thing that gives me some solace is that my pastor does a 15 minute affirmation and confession session on facebook most mornings. I really look forward to that. Helps shift my attitude into a better and more positive space, because Lord knows I truly need it.
12. I am overly grateful for journaling. And for being able to post something on blog. I feel like it keeps my mind alert. If it wasn't able to get my thoughts, plans, and frustration out on paper where I can see them, I don't know what I would do.


That's it for my 12 Thursday Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!