Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thouughts

Ten Thoughts on a Tuesday... once again.

1. So... summer is officially here! Memorial Day festivities everywhere. Social distancing and masks be damned!

2. I didn't do anything for Memorial Day. Heck, I can't even tell you what I ate yesterday. I am still held up in the
house. I would probably pass out from fright if I had to be in an enclosed space with anyone right now.

3. I can tell you what did happen this Memorial Day, though: My neighbors to the left had a HUGE Memorial Day party.
HUGE.

4. They were popping fireworks and playing music so loud that it shook my house. Fireworks would pop and women and
children would scream to the top of their lungs. I have to admit that it was a bit jarring.

5. I was trying to get a little writing done. My writing time is around 10 pm to 1 am. but I didn't get much done. I
finally decided just to go to bed at around 11 pm. (Their music was still bumping).

6. Poor Callie was shell shocked, running back and forth, like she's searching for her gun. Mitch didn't care.

7. I don't know what time the party was over. I just know all was quiet at 6:30 am, the time I woke up this morning.

8. But, they started back up around noon today. And it's 5:30 pm right now, and they are still going. They have thrown
open the doors of a truck and just got the music going. All day.

9. Now... one call to the police about a noise disturbance and asking for them to drive by may have helped. But in this
day and age, that is a NO-NO.

10. Why? Because I would feel horrible if the police drove through here and started shooting and it becomes a tragedy.
It would've been on my conscience for the rest of my life. When all I had to do was tolerate a little music.

And you know what? That is just what I will do.

I have headphones. I can put those on. I can turn my TV up. I can go into my master bedroom, which is on the opposite
side of the house from the party house.

The party will eventually end.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:37:00 AM

    So sorry you are having to deal with horrible neighbors. I feel your pain. Glad to hear you, callie and mitch are safe. mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!