Thursday, May 14, 2020

Ten Thursday Thoughts... Beauty Supply Store Edition

Ten, no SEVENTEEN Thursday Thoughts from my venture out to the Beauty Supply Store!

1. First of all, there is NO WAY I wanted to run up in a Beauty supply store. NO WAY! I'm doing good just to make my venture out to the grocery store biweekly (or weekly).

2. My aunt needed some supplies for my bedridden Uncle Dean. I usually order these things online, but with the pandemic wrecking shop, it is hard to find certain things.

3. One of the supplies that are hard to find are disposable gloves. And I needed some latex free gloves, since my uncle's folks are allergic to everything.

4. I called the local beauty supply store, and lo and behold, they had gloves. So I had to get the nerve up to go up there, because I was antsy.

5. Why was I antsy? Because you've been in a beauty supply store. There's a lot going on, in the Asian ones especially. And this particular one is very cramped. So I organized my mask and sanitizer. I carefully fold paper towels and place them in a storage bag and soak them in 91% rubbing alcohol. And I am prepared to run my tail up in there and run out quickly.

6. So I drive up to the store, which is a mile from my house. I am masked up and ready. There are two women standing at the door talking. I go to open the door and it's locked.

"They only allowing 3 people at a time in there," one of the women said.
"Oh, ok," I said.

(She could've told me that before I touched the door)

*ladylee dousing hand in sanitizer and alcohol wipes*


7. I leaned against my car and waited. The two women at the door were a bit overly agitated about one of their relationships. One told the other that she was right to drop that fool. I happen to agree with them, but I said nothing.

8. When it was time to go into the store, the clerk said everyone needed masks. One of the two ladies protested. But they got it figured it out.

9. We all went into the cramped store. I moved fast to find the gloves, but I had to ask. The black male clerk pointed to where they were and I headed that way FAST. But I was trying to figure out which ones were latex free. I yelled out the question. And the Asian clerk came over and leaned down next to me to show me where the gloves were.

This frightened me terribly. I know I fainted a little inside. I almost yelled SOCIAL DISTANCING PLEASE!!!!

But we both had on masks, so... Jesus, take the wheel. Gotta have faith right now.

10. Here are the gloves. And doggonit, they are expensive!


$14.99 a box! Usually on amazon, before the pandemic, they are around $7-10 a box. Right now on Amazon, gloves are $28 a box. So this is a good enough deal.

Good enough.

11. While this is going on, one of the two ladies who came in with me was going OFF on someone on the phone. I don't know who it was, but I felt sorry for the person, because they were getting verbally shanked!

12. The black male clerk kindly asked the lady to leave her phone call and finish shopping, to which she complied, thankfully. (I just knew she was going to tell whoever she was talking to hold on... then cuss the clerk out. And I was here for it!) The two ladies turned their attention to the many packs of fake yaki hair hanging on the wall.

13. I took the opportunity to look around for more stuff I needed. I needed bandannas for my head!


They are small and tight. I have a big head, but I will work with them. They were cheap. I know that because one wash had them fraying at the edges.

They say keep your hair covered up when you're out and about because droplets can get in your hair. I have been living off the same head scarf for the past 20 years, seems like...


I love it. And it is big, big enough for my big head. I need backups, though.

14. I needed some rattail combs. I found the blue one on the left at the house in a utility drawer (not sure why it was in there)! Oh how I jumped for joy! I bought the black one.


15. I bought some gel to lay my bee bee shot edges down.



Shine 'n Jam, baby! Shine 'n Jam!! Silk Edges!

Not all that important, since I won't be going anywhere, but I happen to see it, and thought.. that looks interesting.

I'm definitely gonna toss them under the bathroom sink

16. I checked out my stash with the cashier, and left (after the ladies). All in all, it was a decent trip. But I do NOT want to go back anytime soon. I bought my aunt four boxes of gloves. She better make them last. I'm not going back until July!

17. I was out and about for a couple of hours. (I made a stop at one of my small neighborhood markets on the way back home).

This all puts me in a bit of awe, day by day, that we all breathe each other's air. And this whole virus is airborne. I hope we make it through all of this. Scratch that... I KNOW we'll make it through all of this.

Yes and Amen.

Those are my SEVENTEEN thoughts... on a Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on this. I am just nervous out. I am in Montgomery, AL, a hotspot now, and folks will not wear a mask. So I have to be extra careful. I have had a nice little break down when I tried to go to the Dollar Tree. There were too many people in there. I walked in saw the folks tried to get what I needed. Tears started rolling down my face and I left. These are strange times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl... I feel you. It feels like if you make one mistake, that's your life. It is frightening. Who would've ever thought it would come to this. Ugh. It is a real test of faith. I really have to be prayerful before leaving the house. The emotional stress and PTSD this is causing may be evident for years to come.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!