Monday, May 18, 2020

A List for Well Being in Isolation

So I came across this list, a checklist of sorts, concerning maintaining our well being during isolation. I came across it on Facebook.


I think it's a pretty well-rounded list.  Not sure I will use it, but I am surprised at how much of this I do already. 

Of course it helps to shower daily. Makes me feel like I am going somewhere.

I gotta take my medication or I will feel like pure trash later in the day.

I try to drink plenty of water, but I have noticed that I have developed a coffee habit as of late.
*LadyLee going to find a bottle of water RIGHT now*

I am getting some cleaning done. What I like to do, and what's VERY productive for me, is to put on some type of favorite song playlist. Each time a song plays, clean a room. When the new song starts, move to a new room. I have a very small house, so a hour's worth of this routine goes a long way and I get a lot done. Of course, I have a check list, and I check off when a room is finished.

I do tend to something growing or living: My cats Sister Callie Jo and Big Mitch. And I know they are still wondering why I am home so much.  The looks I get from them are classic. And they tend to go hide and sleep most of the day.

The Mindful presence section:

Spritiually - my pastor does a 10-15 minute affirmation and confessions session most mornings. It is tremendously helpful. We are just simply setting the spiritual thermostat of the day pretty much according to Psalms 91.

I love music, so I listen to a lot of music. I have a ton of playlists with my favorite songs, and I am here for it!

I do not think there is a day that goes by that I don't talk to someone, whether it be on the phone, or through text or email. I even have done some Whatsapp coffee dates with people, which is so helpful to actually see and talk to someone at the same time. (I don't have facetime for apple products, so I am so glad this type of thing is available).

I did something the other day to get my heart rate up: I marched/walked around my kitchen island. It was surprisingly effective and helpful. I have even done some stretching with with a couple of YouTube channel people, so that has been helpful. I wish I could just be consistent, though. That would be so helpful.

Doing one thing that I want to do just because I want too... that would be crochet. Or read. Or get some writing done. Or watch some of my favorite shows.

I always get in a good laugh! No way a day goes by without laughter. Thank goodness for that!!

Doing one thing that I would be glad I did later: Today it was wash and dry a load of clothes. And I washed several of my face masks by hand this morning (I think I have seven of them. Doing a post on those later).

So this is a GREAT well rounded list. I think I am doing well enough, but I can do better.

I find that maybe 2% of the time, I am not doing good with being alone. I spend much time alone overall, as I tend to be an introvert, but I am use to coming and going as I please. So I am trying to cope with that, especially not being able to talk to people face to face or hug people. I didn't realize how much I hug folks.  I saw my aunt-in-law on Saturday to deliver supplies, and it hurt to have to stand outside and talk, some 6 feet apart. It's the new normal for now. It is what it is.

But back to the list. That is a good well-rounded list.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this list. Although I am back to work it will help me on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!