Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter 2020

Happy Easter Boys and Girls.


Whether we are quarantined or not don't change a thing. He is risen.

So we are still stuck in the house, even on Easter Sunday. If you did go to church today, you better have your Easter outfit, your Sunday's best together. And it better not be your usual...

Because right now? The usual won't do.


That's the only way to show up.

Better to have faith at home. For now, anyway.

I attended my church virtually, like I've been doing for the past couple of years anyway. So that worked out for me. I even have my communion elements ready and waiting.


A shot glass of grape juice and an oyster cracker.

And I had a most lovely salad for my Easter Brunch.



For Easter dinner, I'm culling together an lovely array of last week's leftovers: baked chicken, fried corn, collard greens, green beans and hoecakes. I'm big on having hoecakes, fried cornbread on a hot cast iron griddle.




Oh yes. So good. And a reminder of the preferences of my older relatives... Hurls me back to happy memories of my childhood.

As usual, Sister Callie and Mitch are asleep.



 Being stuck in the house with them for the past month has taught me that they are at rest during this whole situation, careful to get their whole entire life and sleep on, without a worry in the world.

That speaks volumes to me.

Stop worrying and rest.

For what's going on right now is but a slice of life. It's not the whole pie. Just a slice. And it may be the slice that no one wants, the slice with the crust burnt at the edges, the piece no one else wants.
But it is what it is.

And it's my goal right now to view it that way. I will drive myself crazy if I did otherwise.

Next Easter, I hope we're able to look back and talk about this past Easter and how we overcame. How we rose from the ashes of it.

Have a Happy Easter... on purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!