Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Ten Thoughts... On a Tuesday



1. I've been taking this supplement for a couple of months.

It must be working because I can cut a brick with my fingernails.

2.  I am teleworking from home all these weeks, and it consists of meetings and reading. I must say that my eyes are glazing over.

3. Last week I was dealing with a scratched eye. No, the cats didn't scratch me. I think I just got something in it. Anyway, it felt like having an eyelash in your eye. I was like that for a whole week. Today is the first day that my eye feels normal. 

4. I would've like to have made an eye appointment, but with the shelter-in-place order, what can you do?

5. So my Governor is opening up the state for business on this Friday. Barber shops, hair salons, nail salons, massage parlors (you know, all the places black folks like to go) will be the first to open.

*LadyLee raises eyebrow and sips tea from teacup*


Oh! I see what you're doing, governor. I see.

6. I have a standing appointment with my barber every 4 weeks. The last appointment was to be this past Saturday. I sent him a nice offering on cash app and told him to be blessed... because this Oldgirl ain't coming to her appointment. I told him that I will be back in 4 weeks... tentatively, based on what the world is going on.

7. I didn't fall asleep until 2:00 am last night. I had some coffee around 10 in the morning, but that can't be the reason.

8. I had a good green smoothie for breakfast - baby spring greens, a whole lemon, and pears.  So good. Gave me more energy than coffee!

9.  This show right here is ALL that. "Little Fires Everywhere" on Hulu.

This is one the few series that I will be watching again.  The book was one of our bookclub selections a year ago, but I just couldn't get into it. I may even go back and read the book. Hmmm.

The series finale is tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

10. Leaving you with my song of the moment. It is an interpolation of Beyoncé's "Deja Vu", by the flautist I wrote about yesterday, Althea Rene. Enjoy!



That's it for my random thoughts on a Tuesday!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!