Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Easter Cards Galore!

I received a couple of extra special cards during the Easter season.

And each time I get them, I always say to myself "I'm going to start sending Easter cards!"

And I never do.

I choose to enjoy the one I get every year.

One person who is always consistent with cards is one of my favorite people. She is also my favorite writer, Tayari Jones. Over the years, she's always sent cards, whether it be for birthdays, holidays, or sympathy. She always sends the nicest cards.

This year was no different.



She sends the Papyus cards. I like those. I like to send those to people when I am sending cards for birthdays. Those are nice!

I got another card from my gal Val, aka, Serenity23. It is not quite an Easter card, but it came around Easter. I always enjoy seeing her cards too. I remember retrieving it from the mailbox and getting a little teary-eyed because it was such a suprise.


I sometimes get a little teary-eyed at the mailbox, because her cards always contain a kind note of inspiration.


It seems like she knows just what to say exactly when I need to hear (or read) it.

In that card, she is referring to my attitude when I was caught up in the government furlough of 2013. We were furloughed for three weeks. I remember she and I talking about it, and the discussion of my financial plan. (She is one of the few people that I will share financial goals with. And she will share hers with me). My goal was to keep a positive attitude, and work my plan. And I will always remember that time as the best three weeks ever. I didn't miss a beat on bills and mortgage, because I do a good job of saving money, and I'd decided to just cut myself a living expense check every two weeks from savings on pay day. There were lots of personal goals set also, and so much got done. Every day, I would make a list of 20 or more things to do each day, and work that list. SO much got done. And it went from being a time of stress to a time of peace.

I did not get caught up in the great furlough of 2018, and my government position is fully funded. But I remember being a bit stressed about going to work, and being only one of approximately fifteen people at work. I am not very fond of most of the people in my work group, so that within itself was a hard challenge mentally. And I missed my coworkers who were furloughed for those five weeks.

I am happy that Serenity could look back over our friendship and remember moments of encouragement like I do.  Her card was a reminder to me to keep a positive attitude also in these corona virus times, the most uncertain of times. And that I will do.

There was also a reminder of Psalms 91. Do yourself a favor and read that. It does give peace during these trying times.

Both cards have a prominent place on my mantle piece this Easter season.

So maybe next year I will send out cards.

I think if I keep saying that I will do it, I eventually will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!