Thursday, April 23, 2020

Ten Thursday Night Thoughts

Ten Thoughts... On a Thursday, no less!


1. This day has gone by super fast for some reason. I do not know why.

2. So last night, the brothers down the street were firing gunshots. I don't know what happened and I don't really care, because I do not call the police on people. But I did want to stick my head out the front door and yell... "Hey... KNOCK IT OFF! I'm trying to journal right now."

3. It is very rare to hear gunshots. But when I do, my girl cat Callie Jo hears them too. And she runs back and forth frantically. Not because she is scared, though. It's the type of movement that suggests she's looking for her pistol so she can run down the street and set it off.  LOL

4. This has been a slow day, but I have a goal of talking or texting with at least 3 people per day. Right now, it is usually 4 or 5 people. So even though it is a slow day, I allow my consistent communications to stamp as a GOOD DAY.

5. One of my Asian co-workers called me on the workplace IM. I rarely do this, so it always startles me when my workplace phone rings. I needed some scientific data from her, and I guess she was just like, Forget this typing, I'll just call LadyLee.  So it was cool to talk science with her, and then to catch up on how she is doing, how the fam doing over in China, etc.

Folks always say... "Ling is quiet."
My response:  Man, she got ya'll fooled. Ling is off the chain."

6. But she was like...

"Hey, I got an ancient Chinese proverb for you, LadyLee."
"What's that?" I asked.
"Ancient Chinese proverb for 2020: "Stay home and live."
"Woo-hoooo!" I hollered and slap my knee. "I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT, HOMEGIRL!"

That was the FUNNIEST thing. But she is right.

7. So tomorrow, the state of Georgia is opening up barber shops, massage parlors, beauty salons, bowling alleys, and tattoo parlors. 

8. My governor is looking crazy. You know you are a stooge when the President come out and say he didn't agree with the decision. WOW. That floored me right there.

9. I wander why the governor isn't opening up the golf courses, the country clubs and the tanning salons? I wonder why???? Hmm.

10. I like our new director. She sends out emails about how smart we all are and how great it is to work with us, each and every one of us. Since we have been off, we have had virtual birthday parties for people in the group, and we virtual happy hours.

It's nice to have a woman in charge. She is very motherly.

Maybe someday we will have a female president to CLEAN UP all this mess we going through now.

That is all. That's my thoughts... on a Thursday night.

Ya'll be good and be careful.

As my Asian coworker says... "Stay home and live."

On purpose.


           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!