Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

10 Thoughts... on a Thoughtful Tuesday


1. I think this is the third week quarantine. I'm not sure, though. I have just stopped counting. I barely even know what day it is. (With that said, I hope this is Tuesday).

2. I use entirely too many paper towels. I seem to go through a roll a day. I only have 15 rolls left right now, so the goal is to slow my roll on using them. If I can stretch a roll out to lasting two days, I'm good.

3. NOW we have to wear masks.  I guess I can make one of the bootleg ones. Not all that interested in that, but oh well.

4. I was looking around the house and I found that I have ONE of the special N95 masks. ONE. I got it in a repair kit that The Cowgirl Cre gave me a few years ago. So I am going to save that one mask. And work on making the bootleg one.

5. I go to the grocery store one day per week. I may be able to skip this week. If I do, that means I will not have any salad greens. I may have to roll with that.

6.  I don't care to go to the big grocery stores. People DO NOT understand the social distancing concept. It is SO annoying. And then they look at ME crazy when I pivot hard. Knock it off.

7. Alas, I found a small local neighborhood grocer that I can patronize. Carver Neighborhood Market. It is 0.5 miles from my house. They have fresh fruits and veggies and salad. And their prices are comparable to the big stores. And it is quiet in there. Everybody respects everybody's space. Thank you.

8. Our beloved president has been pushing this plaquenil drug REAL hard.  I took it some 15 years ago for lupus. Didn't help me much so I was taken off of it.

9. But how about my doctor had me up in the ophthalmologist every six months getting my eyes checked, because it could mess up your eyesight? Why isn't that being talked about? And she was DAMN specific: go to an ophthalmologist, NOT an optometrist. Not to even mention the mess it can cause with your heart, kidneys, and liver? Hmmm. It is considered a little toxic. As all medicines have some tendency to be. Hell, even acetometoprin and ibuprofen can be toxic. But do yourself a favor and go read the fact sheet on it.

10. I know why it's being pushed extra hard.  Three words here:  FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Hmmm....

That's all the thoughts running rampart through my mind at the moment on a lovely Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!