Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts... on a Tuesday

1. It is day 41 of me being mostly confined to the house. I think I am beginning to hallucinate.

2. I had an routine medical appointment on Monday morning, but I chickened out and canceled it, moving to early June. I need to see how this all plays out, and I was NOT interested in sitting up in a crowded waiting room. NO.

3. I sort of regret it, though. I wanted some blood levels tested. OH WELL. In the house I stay.

4. Is it just me... but why is that everyone who stands up at the podium at the daily presidential press conference must kiss the president's ass and tell him how great he is? WOW.

5. I have been eating too much crap. Some days, I feel super bloated. Ugh.

6. For the month of May, I am going to pay better attention to my fruit and vegetable intake. I would think it is about 50-60%. That needs to be bumped up to 75-80%.

7. On a good note, I haven't had any candy since October of last year. That is a GOOD thing indeed. I think I will keep that going for the rest of the year. If I can do that, then I will just stay off candy for good!

8. I love to journal. The Great Tayari Jones does, too. I was at her house in her office/library one day, and she showed me the type of journal she uses. The paper was not lined, but is splattered with dots.



You know, the first thing I said was "You always got to be different."  Who (except her) would've ever thought to write on dot matrix paper? But at the same time, you know I be trying my best to be like her. I don't know if I bought the above journal or she gave it to me. But I got my hands on one.

Let's just say all those dots are driving me NUTS, as I have to REALLY concentrate to write. But I swear I get twice as many words on the page, even though the letters are small and cramped.  So far I've logged some 20 pages since March 29, 2020. That's not bad.

9. I noticed through my journaling that I have been musing about not getting as much as I like done during the workday. But I have been celebrating the one or two baby steps that allow me to move in the direction I want to move. The little things matter, as they all add up to big things. I am proud of myself for not complaining about it.

10. Words and thoughts matter. This shelter-in-place order may have me feeling overwhelmed, but I am remembering to allow my thoughts to weigh heavy with the positive rather than all things negative. The following quote describes it best.


It's always been my goal to work on changing my attitude. For me, it is definitely a lifelong chore and challenge. Sigh.

Really, tho.

Indeed.

That is it for this edition of Ten Tuesday Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!