Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts! On a Tuesday!


1. So today is the official day for voting in my state. The problem is that the lines are two to five hours long. I do not think I can stand in line that long, so I may have to sit this one out.

2. It is interesting that a lot of the voting machines aren't working. And many people who mailed in their application for absentee ballots did not get their ballots. Incidentally, most people expected this to happen. I wonder why? Hmm.

3. I meant to early vote. But with everything going on (this Corona), I was more concerned about staying out of the way. Only recently have they even specified their safety protocols.

4. I will drive up to my precinct around two o'clock and have a look. If it's too bad, I will have to take the zero on this one.

5. I am more interested in the November election. But you know what? I think the president will call off the election. Can he do that? We shall see. But it would not surprise me one bit.

6. I am having medical appointments again. I had one last Monday, and it was a bit scary sitting there in the waiting room. There were only four of us, but we managed to social distance ourselves in the large waiting room. And our temperatures were taken. And we were all required to bring our own masks.

7. This is all well and good. But people are ignoring the fact that there are a lot of asymptomatic people out here. They have no symptoms. They have no fever, and they are still shedding virus. No one wants to address that.

8. I had another appointment this Monday morning at a pretty popular hospital downtown. I was antsy about it. Again, they are requiring masks, and taking temperatures upon entering the hospital.

9. What was a trip was the elevators: only 4 people allowed in at a time. And you have to stand at each corner of the elevator. I wish I would've taken a picture of it, but I don't like to touch my phone while trying to concentrate on not touching stuff or doing anything wrong.

10. Man oh man. I tell you what. Much of this is giving me pure angst. I hope one day it will all be over and go back to normal.

Whatever "normal" is... or was... or will be.

That's it for my ten Tuesday thoughts!

If you can, get out and vote. I'm gonna go and try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!