Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Twelve Tuesday Thoughts

Ten... no, TWELVE Thoughts! On a Tuesday.

1. Quarantine still continues. I think are around Day 95 or something like that. Day 95! Ugh.

2. Right now, the system is that we can go in on a volunteer basis. I'm not volunteering for anything if there is not a clear plan or protocol. Something is in place, but not enough to me. I will go back into the workplace when I receive an email telling me an exact date of return. That is it. *LadyLee stomps foot. Two times*

3. I really hate the Geico commercial with the "Motaur", where the brother is half man, half motorcycle.

I just don't like it, and I wonder who the heck came up with it. Ugh.

4. John Bolton's book comes out today. He spills a lot of tea, same as all the other people who leave this administration. But I won't be buying that one. Besides, a pdf file of the book is all over twitter and Facebook. I read the first few pages and uh... no ma'am. Just no.

5. So our beloved President's klan rally in Tulsa was a BUST, where only 6200 people were in attendance. But they were projecting a million people. (When I first heard that, I knew something fishy was going on). Everyone is saying that the tik-tokkers and K-Pop teens were responsible for that, where they ordered hundreds of thousands of tickets, just to trick the system. That is genius. I would have never thought of such. But I think what really happened was folks know there is a pandemic going on and they could stay safe and watch the event on television.

They said he was livid. He do look mad... and sad.


6. During the rally, the President used a racial slur: "Kung Flu". He later tried to play it off. Sir, just apologize. Ain't nobody got time for all that.

7. Also the president is talking about slowing down the testing so that the cases of virus will be lower. His peeps were later asked about it, and said he was just joking. Just joking? About this type of thing? Ain't nobody got time for that, either!

8. I was talking with one of my Asian friends about how she is getting exercise during the quarantine time. She said she loves to walk, but her family isn't allowing it due to all the bigotry. So she works on her yard. For a moment, I was wondering what she was talking about. Then I thought about how Asians are getting attacked. People, we gotta do better. And the President saying stupid stuff isn't helping the situation.
9. This is day 1251 of the current president's term. I am emotionally exhausted, and I am sure that I'm not the only one.

10. While at home, I occasionally hear loud booms, sort of sounding like Godzilla is throwing stuff around. That isn't the case though. A huge condo complex is going up at the end of my street.


The beltline is passing through, and there was a huge bank of pine trees there. I was happy with that, as I don't have to worry about folks wondering up the street. But alas, all the trees are gone, and they are building the condos!

11. I bought a new blood pressure cuff.

My old one gave out. Pressure is looking good, though!

12. The a.ir.b,nb house next door is SUPER quiet. I am so glad for the cool and calm. I wonder who will be there next weekend, tho?

That's it for Tuesday Thoughts! Enjoy your day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10:00 PM

    I'm so glad you are ok and getting some peace and quiet. I received my voter card in the mail here in Houston. I still haven't been able to get the location I have to go to vote yet. I took the grandkids to the dollar tree and some idiot in a big loud red truck with a drump sticker in the back window almost hit some AA people coming out the store. He was angry he had to stop to let them pass. The covid thing is getting really bad here and yesterday we were told to stay inside so we are back to staying indoors.This world is really scary right now. I saw the news about the armed gunmen in Atl and you crossed my mind. I had to come here to see if you were ok. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:18:00 PM

    I forgot to say. I wonder how that big building will affect your property value and quality of life. You will have more traffic and noise I'm sure. I hope it doesn't affect you in a negative way. I like the new bp monitor, the nurse in me wanted to tell you be sure you don't cross your legs while taking your bp, wrist monitors are extremely sensitive to body position.. :) Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!