Friday, August 07, 2020

Friday Freestyles

I can't believe I let a full week go by and hadn't posted. The shame!

I think it is just I have been writing a lot, and when I am not writing, this is my outlet.

This has been a trying week. Someone else was diagnosed at work with covid, and some are not handling it well at all. Let's just say there was a bunch of crying going on. And sadness, at being helpless as to what to do. It is just awful that none of this appears to be getting better. And we got a president right now trying to gaslight us by telling us that one day it will all go away. Not sure how I feel about that, but my goodness, if only that was true. I don't believe it is.

On top of that, my mother is in the hospital. She is unresponsive and deteriorating, and me and my siblings had to have a 3-way call together and just map out what making a decision about taking her off of life support would look out, and if we are ready to even make that decision. It was a good productive phone call between us all, with me mostly listening, and agreeing or disagreeing. I told my sister awhile ago that I was leaving any decisions up to her, and I would fully support it. That is still the case. But I am glad of a call where we were calmly discussing things, and I could tell they'd both been mapping out what it would look like.

So that's that. I think we are up to day one-hundred and thirty something of quarantine. And I have lost count and have not even thought to sit and try to figure it out. All I know is it is approximately 90 days until the election. I have already made the decision to early vote, because Georgia is going to pull out all the stops and do what they can to suppress, suppress, suppress.

Ugh.

Pictures of the Week
. On a happier note, here is my favorite thing I ate this week (Or last week. These days are running together).


That was some potatoes, kale, onions and peppers. Real simple: dice up a red potato, boil it for 15 minutes, then sautee it in a tablespoon of olive oil with kale, onions, and peppers. I meant to throw in a scrambled egg, but it looked like it may be good without it, and it was.

My favorite thing is always a bowl of fresh vegetables. That can be a whole meal for me, easy. And many times it is.

On yet another happy note, my crochet projects are barreling along. Thank goodness, because for a moment, the blanket below... I didn't think I would EVER finish it.


100 squares. That blanket is made up of 100 squares. Initially I was making five different color of squares for the blanket: white, yellow, pink, green, and blue. But the yellow and white were too bright. So I stuck with blue, pink, and green, with pink being the primary color since it is for a baby girl. (Lawd, I hope my coworker had a girl as I heard. Oh my).

I am currently working on another blanket also. It is a blanket for my coworker's daughter's 5th birthday.


I am making it big enough for her to use well into her teen years. I think she will like it.


This one is about 50% complete. I messed around and needed more purple yarn and I couldn't find it. And I KNOW I buy all the yarn I need for a project at one time, as I have to make sure the lot numbers of each roll of each color are the same. If not, the attentive eye may notice that there are two different purples in the piece. I haven't had the problem yet, and my eyes are not sharp enough to spot the imperfection. But after a little digging around, I found it in the bottom of a bag. Thank goodness.

Song of the Day. I have been listening to the same things over the past two weeks. But here are a couple of songs that I listen to in the car, as they sound great on my 10 speaker Nagasaki system (not sure that is the name of the system... I just know it starts with the letter "N").

Sade's "Cherish the Day' and "Soldier of Love"  (Live 2011)





(I am sure those will disappear, and that's okay. Go look them up!)

I remember my sister calling me about this concert. She couldn't believe that the tickets were $550 each. That is a lot. We whined about it. But man oh man, I wish I would've just took my mortgage money and bought us a couple of tickets. Who knows if we will ever be able to be in arena ever again? Who knows if the notoriously reclusive Sade will ever tour again. Ugh.

But it is what it is.

That's it for my Friday freestyles. No matter how it feels to me, I declare it a good week. These days, it is a good day when I wake up and I am feeling fine.

Every morning, I am very purposeful about waking up and thanking God for a new day.

And I do that on purpose. I think it is the right start to my day during these trying times.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:53:00 PM

    So sorry about your mom. I lost my brother a few weeks ago. This is har, there could not be a funeral. These are some really trying times. I love the blanket you are making its really pretty. How is Callee and Mitch? One of brothers loves him some Sade. He named one of his daughters after her.mary in louisiana

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!