Thursday, August 13, 2020

Ten Thursday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts! On a... Thursday. (Had to pause to figure what day it was. They are all running together right now.

1. I am not sure what day this is of the quarantine. Are we still under quarantine? Well, we are almost halfway through month #5. Oh joy. MONTH 5!

2. I find myself napping or simply falling asleep at night in my "easy chair" (that's what my grandma called her recliner). I would watch my Grandma do this and thought that I never thought I would would do such a thing. Lo and behold, I do this now. And it reminds me of her, and how much I miss her.

3. I am team leader on some project at work. It was originally mine, but there are a couple of guys working on it, since they are brave enough to go in. All I know, I am just not in the mood to deal with fragile, almost femalian (is that a word?) male egos. Not in the mood.

4. Best thing I did today? Turn in my timesheet so that I can paid. Thank you, Lord.

5. Kamala Harris is the vice-presidential pick. I am neither here nor there with her. I think she is a politician, and will do well enough. I am looking forward to her verbally smoking Pence, with his milquetoast self. They are going to attack her viciously. I know she can stand up to it. Us black women are strong like that.

6. This may be too much information, but I had a cycle last month. So what? Well, I thought I was in full menopause. No ma'am. It's been six months, then SURPRISE. And there was me being sad, and walking around wailing, "I thought this was suppose to be over now!" I was so devastated. That is the only word I can use to describe how I was feeling.

7. Lupus symptoms get worse around that special time of the month. This is a none thing. This time, my left hamstring was on fire. It was a little difficult to climb stares and walk. I mean, I could do it, but I was 25% slower, something like that. I think it was inflamed. Just never felt like that before. And it ain't like I can go the doctor during these covid times. Shoot, I only go if I absolutely have to, and have an appointment. But I must say, after all was said and done, it feels 95% better now. But I would hate to feel like that again. Ugh.

8. I wish I had someone to share these things with. I was thinking about joining a support group of some type, but I don't think I can deal with too many of us wailing, all at the same time. I am a part of a web group, though. It might be a good idea to keep up with it and be alert. I may find something helpful.

9. Our beloved president seems to be doing press briefings every evening. It catches me off guard, having me saying "Wait, wasn't I just watching the news?!?!? Where the hell he come from! Oh hell no!!" He acts like he doesn't even want to be there, and he starts rambling. It is such a waste of my brain cells to watch and figure out what the world he is talking about. When I can tell you that I can't find my tv remote fast enough to turn the station... Ugh!

10. I have about an inch of hair growth which is so weird to me. But I refuse to get it cut. It's not like I'm doing nothing, not even going to work. And I wear a scarf when I leave the house. So what's the point?

that's it for my 10 thoughts! Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:39:00 PM

    Just checking up on my favorite blogger. I hope you feel better soon. I've worked from home 5yrs i'm used to this. I've started couponing again ..yah I know but honestly I feel as long as I wear my mask, get my hands clean and stay 6ft away i should be ok..i go to stores 3-4 times a week here in Houston and i'm still ok. If anyone gets to close I tell them can you get 6ft away from me. I've had to do it twice so far, just yesterday i'm in the grocery store checking out and i turn and this guy is all in my face with no mask on. I told him can u get 6ft away from me he says oh i'm sorry honest mistake. He got away from me quickly. LOL Stay safe Ladylee. Mary from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!