Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts on a Tuesday.

1. Do you know what it is like to be robbed in the middle of a crowd of people in broad daylight without a gun?  I don't, and hopefully you don't either. But this whole post office fiasco feels like that. Maybe it's just me, but I can't believe the post office is being torpedoed right before our very eyes.

2. Do they know that they are messing up people's mail drug prescription services in the process? Thank goodness I can go to my local pharmacy and get my prescriptions refilled. My pharmacy even has an app. I don't know what I would do if I had to stand by the mailbox waiting for mail.

3. Looking at this, I have decided that if I need to mail something, I will go to my local UPS or Fed-Ex office. Folks have stories of their mail taking two weeks to get to its destination. I pay my bills online, but having to mail bills now... No Ma'am. No Sir.

4. I haven't had much of an appetite these past few days. If I do eat, it is late in the afternoon or evening, and I am trying to get away from that.

5.  I watched the first night of the DNC convention. It felt like a school assembly. It is so odd not to hear the cheers of the crowd.

6. Michelle Obama's speech, man... I was waiting for her to holler "BOOM" at the end. She didn't, so I hollered it for her."

7. I think the phrase "It is what it is" will be the official phrase for this election and COVID season.

8. So on Twitter today, the haters have ginned up the whole narrative again that Michelle Obama is a man. Sigh. And you wonder why black folk get tired of craziness. It is interesting when people try to attack your identity. It is a sign of something. I promise you, if you pull back the heavy velvet black curtain of their lives, you will find some mighty deep complex issues. I'm just saying.

Might take you a few days to understand that... but think on it. Look around you. You'll see what I am talking about.

9. I have been really getting into this podcast as of late: Therapy for Black Girls by Joy Harden Bradford, PhD.


The topics are interesting, and I must say it is really nice to listen to a psychologist speak on topics that are of interest to me and/or I am currently dealing with, especially in these trying times.

10. So our beloved president, Ben Carson, and the Pillow Guy are touting a new drug that they want us to try for the cure or help with the coronavirus. Sigh. Man, I am not going to even really take this serious. It is bad that you have to follow the trail to the money to figure out what's going on. But danggonit, I hope they don't try to line us up and force us to take some darn pills.  It all continues to feel very Jim Jones-Guyanaish to me.


That is all I have to say about that.

Look, we have too many resources at our fingertips. Please do your research. I will be doing mine. On purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!