Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Making that soup, bootleg style;)

Boy oh boy, I tell ya....

Ya'll know ya'll are some soup cookin' sistas!!

A few of you all commented that you fixed the soup, and it came out well...

My book club sista Kim sent a picture of her soup...


But you know how us sistas do...

We like to bootleg, you know... make the recipe our own...

So, she made the soup, and varied it up. She boiled her chicken in chicken stock, added a half a stick of butter, and used bowtie pasta!

You GO girl!!!

Way to get down with the bootleg, babes!!

And I know you had a small case of the "itis" after a bowl of that, didn't ya!!!???

LOL!!!!

Congratulations to all of you who made the soup...

Sherri, Ms. Blackliterature.com, wants me to put up my gumbo recipe...

Should I do it? It would be interesting to see who tackles THAT one!

7 comments:

  1. Would you please? I can't ever get to my mother in laws house in time to watch her make it.

    I'm on vacation the week of Christmas, so I will have plenty of time to tackle it.

    I still haven't made the soup. We had basketball tournaments that last two weekends. But, I'm back from Houston Saturday morning, so I have the whole afternoon to get my soup on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd have that with a soda on the side....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21:00 AM

    I put mushrooms in my soup and I also used chicken stock. It was the bomb.

    I think I posted a gumbo recipe a while back ... I'd love to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a whole stick of butta? shooo...

    i'm trying this recipe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ The bball Mama...

    Yo, Chele say SHE got a gumbo recipe over there in her blog kitchen somewhere... hmmm... maybe I don't have to put mine up...

    Gimme that link, Chele!!!

    @My personal DJ, the DJ DIVA...

    look here, homie, this ain't no lunch counter... get in that kitchen and make it yourself!

    ...and get your own damn soda!!

    @Chele...

    Oldgirl, link us up with that gumbo recipe... so I can cut and paste (you know how the bootleg go!)

    Mushrooms! Now that's what I'm talking about! Way to bootleg, girl! I will most def try that next time!

    @That ATLien Nikki...

    HALF a stick of butter, Nikki... HALF, not whole! You trying to clog up our doggone arteries, girl? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:35:00 PM

    Mph...

    I searched Chele's blog. No Gumbo recipe. Although I now know she made it last March and there were no leftovers. ;-)

    You know LadyLee, it is almost Christmas... and what better way to end this blog year than sharing a little Gumbo Love via a recipie?

    Am I laying it on too thick? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Chele...

    Yeah, Chele, where is the gumbo post? I too remember you posting about it... but not a recipe!!!

    @Sherri...

    Look here now, Celie, stop twisting my arm all up behind my back... You are about to break it, LOL!!

    I will post it next week, hon:)

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!