Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, Baby!!

I, the Original, Original...

that Original Original Oldgirl.



...would like to wish all of you:

You Children of the Corn...



!!!!Merry Christmas!!!!


Oh, and Snake sends the most Glorious of Christmas wishes also!




Dang! Snake looks high as a kite on that picture.



That's more like it, Snake...

Snake...Sing a Christmas carol for the people, why don't cha!!!



Everyone in the hood is on some old Christmas decorations trip... Snake was the neighborhood expert when it comes to putting up decorations (for a small fee, of course). I caught him putting up decorations for a neighbor.






So, my gay neighbor Stan, who lives to the right of me, was trippin'... We were standing out in the middle of the street and he has the nerve to say:

LadyLee you need to put up some holiday decorations!!

I looked all around me, because obviously he had me confused with someone who gives a damn.

"Nah, Stan, I don't get down like that," I stated flatly.

"But LadyLee, you really need to put up some decorations!"

Now, I like Stan... If anything goes down in the hood, and I need to fight someone, I'm taking Stan with me. Stan has been known to chase robbers, vagrants, prostitutes, and crackheads down and go off on them. He is crazy and I can see him scratching people...

But right now, I didn't want to be bothered.

"Bah-Humbug, Stan!!" I yelled. "Bah Humbug, Man!!"

Well, he ignored me. "Lee, I have a very nice wreath. You can just put it up on your door. It is free, and it is so nice."

I tell you, just because they go all out with the decorations don't mean I have to.

Their house...



My house:



Nothing but the darkness, baby...

"Bah-Humbug, Shawty!!!!!"

Why is it that I come outside the next morning and the wreath is hanging on porch light?

Humph. Just gonna force me to put up decorations.


Snake showed up a few days later with a nail and put the wreath on a door... for a small fee, of course...






I think it looks nice. Doesn't match my door, but it was FREE!! A slightly better picture, with a, um, random hood cat, posing in the picture.


I look a little closer at that cat and I believe it belongs to Tayari Jones...





Why? Because it looks so... I don't know... literary, with those scary yellow eyes...

...Eyes as yellow as the golden sun just before it kisses the horizon at the end of a crisp autumn day....


LITERARY!!

Tayari, don't be sending your cat over here unless you wrap the first 100 pages of your manuscript tied to his collar...

Go find your mama, kitty, and spend Christmas over in SWATS with her... and snatch that manuscript off the table for me!!

Believe DAT!!! That would be one heck of a christmas gift, Tayari (hint, hint!)

I will stop rambling... I have gifts to wrap, and I bet you do to!!!

Just stopped by to wish you a Very Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Johnny Baby Feline, Esq. You refer to me as "Tayari's Cat." Actually, I am not her cat; she is MY person. But that is neither here nor there. I am writing to inform you that I am not the "hood cat" featured on your blog. The feline pictured is Appollo, an associate of mine. (He also uses the alias, "Tiger Eyes.") Should you spot him again, please give him my regards and wish him a very merry Christmas on behalf of myself and of course, Miss Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JBF Esq. and Tayari...

    On no, a bit of "cat-blogging"...

    Mr. JBF, Esq.... if you send your yella eyed cat friend back over here, be sure to tie the FIRST 100 pages of Tayari's manuscript to his back... otherwise, I'm calling the pound!!

    Oh, and I wish you AND Tayari a very Merry Christmas!!:)

    (But come on now, Tayari... don't that cat look like he could be in the beginning of some epic literary novel???)

    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!

    CLASSIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See ...once again...Snake LOL

    Merry Christmas Girlfriend!

    You and Tayari are hilarious...Tyrone needs a lawyer....he says that we are trying to leave him when we move...he's right...but I think I've been outvoted LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ My personal DJ, the DJ DIVA!

    Dude, I know that Tyrone is a bit off the chain, but um, please don't leave that cat up in NY when you move....

    He may just come looking for you... and that would NOT be a good thing!!

    Merry Christmas to you too, homie!

    @The Stiltwalker...

    Wow! The Stiltwalker has paid me a visit! My goodness. I am sooo honored!

    I always have a link for Snake, but I forgot the link this time. I went back and added the link. Go back up to where I first mentioned him and click on his name. Snake is the self proclaimed "Mayor of the Hood", i.e., the local hustler, the local substance user, etc., who is well versed in our neighborhood's sociopolitical system and is pretty much up in everybody's business...

    He will be doing some guest blogging on my blog bi-weekly starting in January sometime... Come back and check him out!!

    And thanks for stopping by my spot.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!