Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Birthday LadyTee!

I would be remiss if I don't wish my Best friend LadyTee a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.


I love this picture of her, taken on a beautiful Sunday morning last year in my front yard... She is all fresh faced and full of glee. I wanted to smack her that day because I was depressed and dragging.


She'd just called me that Sunday morning, wanting to know why I wasn't at church.

I told her I was cramping, etc. (ladies, you know how it is...). I asked her what she was up to. She said that she was about to do some grocery shopping. I asked her (jokingly) to come pick me up, as I needed to do my own.

Well, she came and got me. The kicker is that she lives some 25 miles away. She came and picked me up, took me aaaallll the way back out to her side of town to shop, then brought me back home.

Now that's a friend. It may sound simple, but she is one of the most giving people I know.

She said something to me the other night that had me all teared up. (Of course I didn't let her know that, for I pride myself on being HARDCORE, lol). We are both creeping HARD up on 40, and have been best friends since the age of 10. We were yacking on the phone, talking about how some 20 years ago, we would have never imagined our lives turning out the way they have, with all the ups and downs, twists and turns, etc.


But she said that there was one constant that she was thankful for...

"Lee, I am so glad that I have a friend like you. I can not imagine this life without you. God really thought about me when He made you my friend."

Man, that messed me up right there. I was quiet, because if I would have said anything, I would've broke down crying.

But LadyTee, I feel the same way about you, gal. You know I do. We have been through it AAAALLLL together...

As you, LadyTee, always say, when you REFUSE to read any of my writing:

"I know the story behind you, Lee. I've been there the whole time. I don't have to read a damn thang you write."

LOL... Even though these days, I trick her. I call her up and make her listen to pieces that I am working on. She seems to like that.

But I know the story behind you too, LadyTee...


And God thought about me when He gave me a friend like you, too.


Really though.

Happy Birthday, Girl.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15:00 AM

    Awww...how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:33:00 AM

    You are truly blessed to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:44:00 PM

    Aww ... That was sweet!!!
    Lady Tee HAPPY B-DAY!!!!

    And No I am still not sharing MY daddy with you but you know he will still give you the hook up...right.

    Do the day up LadyTee style.... OKAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Friends since the age of 10. That is blessing in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birfday Ms. Tee....Gotta put the Ms. on there cause she's an Aries like me! I hope you have a wonderful wonderful day!!!!

    Throw them horns up gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is truly blessing that you have one another. Especially nwadays when people seem to fall out over the most insignificant things. They tend to forget why they were friends in the first place.

    Happy B-day LadyTee

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADY TEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice tribute to your best friend. Now THAT's how ya put it DOWN when it needs to be put down 'kay???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fact that you see her and she sees you. That indeed is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:38:00 PM

    To everyone: THANK YOU very very much for the birthday wishes! It was a great birthday. I am blessed to have such a good friend like "LadyLee".

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!