Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Kat on Program.

Of course... not my cat Oscar-Tryone. Oscar doesn't care about programs. He just wants his food and water bowl kept full. He just wants for someone to rub him...

I am talking about "Kat", the Obi-Wan Kenobi of my book club.


Yeah, she's just like Obi Wan Kenobi, but she's a black female, slim with curly hair. She would never wear such a funky outfit, although I do believe she does stand like that... bold, ready and confident, ready to handle a thang or two...

She is always thinking about something, always on a self-improvement track, always seeking and searching to do better...

And I am down for that, man!!!

I am a Diva, and I need a STAFF, so the Kat has been added to my staff... She has written a little sumethin' for my blog, some food for thought. I've been thinking about how to go about posting it, so I'm trying to work that out... maybe her thoughts, followed by a little of my commentary on what it means to me... something like that.

So stay tuned for "Kat in the Korner" sometime this month...

Now, I like making music CDs for Kat because she jumps all around like it's Christmas or something each time I give her a set. For some reason, she LOVES my CDs. I think I've made somewhere between 15 and 20 CDs for her. She has a lot going on - she's a world class Diva Extraordinaire with things to do, places to go, and people to see.

I think the CDs give her a little solace... a little mental relaxation in these days of hustle and bustle.

So, I made 3 CDs, and I gave them to her at our bookclub's Financial Freedom class... of course she jumped around. Too funny...

And here are the song lists... Enjoy!

Slow Moving Kat V

The fifth in the series of Slow Moving Kat Quiet Storm CDs... Watch out, now!

Lately – Tyrese
My First Love – Avant/ K Wyatt
Sweet Lady – Tyrese
Beauty is Her Name – Dru Hill
Honey Molasses – Jill Scott
Any time, Any Place – Janet Jackson
Anxious – Ginuine
My place – Tweet
The Way – Jill Scott
Don’t let Go – En Vogue
Déjà vu – Dionne Warrick
The Secret Garden – Quincy Jones
Take Me as I am – Mary J. Blige
Don’t Leave me Girl – Blackstreet
Float on – The Floaters



The Dancing Kat

a grab bag of music to dance to...

This place Hotel – The Jacksons
The Kissing Game – High-Five
Little Walter – Tony, Tone, Toni
Off on Your On – Al B. Sure!
Every Little thing you do – Soul For Real
Comfort Zone – Vanessa Williams
Love Makes No Sense – Alexander O’Neal
If it Isn’t Love – New Edition
Lover Girl – Teena Marie
Fake – Alexander O’Neal
Come Into my Life – Joyce Sims
Encore (long version) – Cheryl Lynn
Wrap My Body Tight – Johnny Gill



Erykah Badu Mix CD

Rim Shot
On and On
… and On
Cleva
Kiss Me on my Neck
Sometimes
Why We Still Living
Would you Gonna Do?
Four Leaf Clover
Bag Lady
Rim Shot (Live)
On and On (Live)
Searchin’ (live)
Time’s a wastin’
Green Eyes

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice mix you've given Kat. I really like the first one. I'm gonna have my kids download some of those for me.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!