Friday, November 24, 2006

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY KAT!!

Wooooo Weeeee!!!

The Kat is ECSTATIC!!!!



Um, I'm not talking about my 9 year old brown tabby Oscar Tyrone...

He looks a little more than ecstatic in that picture... He looks a little evil and spooky there...

No, I am talking about, Kat, the matriarch of our my book club and IJWG (Inspirational Journal Writing Group).

"Kat" turns 50 today!

Kat is like, the Obi-Wan Kenobi of our book club and writing group. She knows everything.

You need a scripture to lean on in your time of need?

Call Kat.

You need some advice?

Call Kat.

You need to share a deep dark secret?

Call Kat.

You need the next winning lotto number?

CALL UP KAT!

Kat knows er'thang!

Kat is legendary, you see.

Now I've heard quite a few rumors about the legenadary Kat. While sitting around late night bonfires, such wonderful legendary tales of the Kat have been told and retold.

Star Wars. Legend has it that Kat was the one that destroyed Darth Vader and the Death Star. She was trying to sleep on Hans Solo Millineum Ship, but was awakened by Darth Vader's annoying "Haaaaaaaaw, Haaaaaaaaw". Kat snatched up Obi-Wan Kenobi's Light Saber and killed Darth Vader in one hard swipe. She would've destroyed the Death Star immediately, but stuck around for a few days trying to talk to some fine brotha who was in charge of food service operation for theDeath Star (I think his name was Mel?) Well anyway, once she got that brotha off the Death Star, she destroyed the place. She and Mel got married and lived happily ever after.

Now,Obi-Wan Kenobi got jealous when he saw the legendary sista do something he couldn't do. That's the REAL reason why they made up all them damn Star Wars Movies.



They didn't want to give a sista the credit for taking care of business.

A True Friend.Legend has it that Kat is the reason we don't see Won.der Woman much anymore. She and Kat are good friends and journal writing partners, and when Won.der Woman gets tired of all the hussle and bussle and needs a rest, she calls on Kat! Kat snatches up Won.der Woman's magic lasso, the wrist bands, the leotard, AND the Invisible jet... and takes care of business. Won.der Woman ain't stupid. Kat does a better job than she can ever do on any given day. Besides, people can't even tell them apart. No one knows the difference.

See my short story "Good People"


A Broken Heart.Legend has it that Super.man wasn't always head over heels in love with Lo.is Lane. Lo.is Lane didn't become Sup.erman's main squeeze until Kat DUMPED him.



Super.man hasn't been right in the head every since the breakup. As a matter of fact, Sup.erman goes bezerk whenever he sees the color Fuschia. Lo.is Lane knows that dark side of him all too well:

Lo.is Lane comes out of her bedroom and twirls around in her new dress.

"Sup.erman, how do you like my new dress?"

"Um, it's okay," Sup.erman mumbles.

Lois frowns. "Just okay?"

Super.man stares blankly, saying nothing.

"I love it!" Lo.is Lane exclaims. "This fuschia color is wonderful! Don't you like it?"

"Go take it off and put on something else."

"What's that, Supe.rman?"

"You heard me. You're not deaf. Go take it off, and put on something else! Right now!!"

Lois silently walks out of the room.

A lone tear falls from Sup.erman's eye.

Why does Su.perman get all choked up when he sees the color fuschia?
It has something to do with Kat...See the story "Fuschia".

So Ms. Kat... you are a LEGEND, hon! I can't wait to see what the next 50 years brings you...

I want to wish you a VERY VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I know you're having your very first birthday party tonight! I know you'll have a great time! Kick up your high heels, Kat!

Now I've made over 10 CDs for Ms. Kat (see "The Kat Mixtapes"). She loves them, and listens to them often, so much so that if you tried to take them from her, I believe she'll give you a roundhouse kick to the head AND scratch your doggone eyes out! LOL!


And you know...

You know...

Ya'll know me... You know how I do...

I had to hook her up with a few more CDs!

5 CDs for 50 wonderful years...

The Sentimental Kat

Candlelight and You-Keith Washington
Love Saw It- BabyFace and Karyn White
I Never wanna live without You- Mary J. Blige
Anniversary-Tony, Toni, Tone
I Love Me Some Him- Toni Braxton
Send for Me-Atlantic Starr
Fire and Desire-Rick James andTeena Marie
Something in My Heart-Michele
Crazy-Miki Howard
Please Don't Go- Silk
Is it a Crime- Sade
Closer than Close
He Loves Me (Lyzel in E flat)- Jill Scott

The Slow Moving Kat, Disc II

I'm So into you - Peabo Bryson
Yearning for Your Love- The Gap Band
Reunited- Peaches and Herb
This is for the Lover in you - Shalamar
Unbreak my Heart- Toni Braxton
The Look of Love- Isaac Hayes
Walk on By- Isaac Hayes
Good Love- Anita Baker
I Miss You- Klymaxx
Feel the Fire-Peabo Bryson
Angel-Anita Baker
Cause I love you-Lennie Williams

The Slow Moving Kat, Disc III

It Never Rains In Southern California-Tony, Toni, Tone
Silly Love Song- Mi'chele
Pretty Brown Eyes- Mint Condition
Angel in Disguise-Brandy
Show Me- Jill Scott
You Should've told Me- Kelly Price
I Heard it through the Grapevine-Brownstone
U send me Swingin'- Mint Condition
All Seasons-Levert
Let It Flow-Toni Braxton
Love Taken Over (Long)-Chante Moore
Half of you-Brownstone

The Slow Moving Kat, Disc IV

How Can I Ease the Pain- Lisa Fischer
Nobody Suppose to Be here- Deborah Cox
Cherish the Day-Sade
Careless Whisper- Wham!
Lady - Alexander O'Neal
Seven Whole Days - Toni Braxton
All I want is you - Kelly Price/Gerald Levert
If you Still Love her- Miki Howard
Just the way you want me to- Miki Howard
If you think you're lonely now - K-Ci of Jodeci
Kissing you- Keith Washington
Adore - Prince

Shhhhh...

That Ol' Freaky Kat!!!
(Watch out, now!)



Cross My Mind- Jill Scott
Soul Searchin'- Michelle N'dechello
Say Yes - Floetry
Read Your Mind- Avant
Lose Control- Silk
If?-Michelle
Turn You Out-Silk
Piece of My Love-Guy
Virgin-Chico Debarge
There's a Right Way to Learn Somebody-Keith Sweat
Honey Love-R.Kelley
My Body-LSG
Stroke U Up- Changing Faces
Thinkin' bout it-Gerald Levert
Baby I Wanna- H-Town

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, KAT!!!!!!!!





















2 comments:

  1. LMAO@superman crying. BWWAHAHAHAHA!

    aiight, happy bday kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladylee... you are writer extraordinaire! This is awesome... what a tribute. I will be the first one in line when the book comes out. I cannot get over how talented you are!!! Look for something in the mail from me... nope, not a check, (yet) but something I am sure you will enjoy.. after all it was your brainchild. Thanks for helping make my 50th birthday GOLDEN!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!