Saturday, November 18, 2006

LadyLee Retreats Part V: Leaving there

All I know...

I already miss cabin #85!




My coworker Cowgirl Cre said, after looking through some of my photos

"Gurl, that don't look like no doggone cabin!"

Shut up, Cowgirl Cre... with all that doggone wood- wood floors, wood ceilings, wood walls...

It was a cabin!

Overall? I had a nice time.

We even got nice parting gifts like this lovely purse/carry-on bag:



Now when I got my bag, it contained a set of car keys! You know me, I was like

"GLORY, I done won a CAR at the retreat!! GLORY!!!!!"

*Ladylee having visions of ditching the zoom-zoom and leaving the mountains in a brand new CAR!!*

But I'd gotten our leader Kat's bag by mistake. Too bad because she is kicking the PHAT Maxima! I would have GLADLY traded cars with her!

But like I said, I had a good time.

And on the way back, I didn't harass author Dwan Abrams too much. But we did have a wonderful discussion about how to name characters and a few other writing technique issues. Man, I keep running into interesting people, dropping SERIOUS knowledge. I MUST go invest in a tape recorder so I can record and transcribe some of the wisdom I am soaking up... GEEZ!

On the way back, we also stopped by BabyLand, home of the Cabbage Patch dolls! Cabbage Patch dolls were all the rage back in the 80s and I had no idea they were still around. I even witnessed the birth of a cabbage patch baby... Oh my!

I didn't take pictures because I forgot to charge up my camera. ~sigh~

Overall the retreat was something I really needed. I was able to unwind and come out of my shell. I met some new and interesting people. It felt good to get away from home!

Seriously, I think I learned something there: We all have our issues, things that bother us, things that we are going through... things, problems, people and situations that we need to release and let go of.

There were ladies there with struggles similar to my own. I even got a chance to sit down and talk with a few about our similar issues. I learned a lot, and I can now work on being proactive...

All in all, it let me know that I am not alone...

Will I attend next year?

60 bucks for 2 days with a crew of phenomenal women?

Heck yeah!!

And you know I will have my music, a deck of cards, and my camera in tow! LOL!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I lived down your way so I could attend next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30:00 AM

    Only 60 bucks! Dang ... I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LadyLee, girl, I'm with you on missing the cabin. (long sigh) I had a ball those 2 days... crying, laughing, crying, bonding, crying, eating. I can hardly wait for next year. I really enjoyed meeting you, along with many of the other ladies. Thanx to everyone for enhancing my world.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!