Thursday, May 29, 2008

An Oldgirl's Memorial Day Weekend, Part I

Yeah, mon...

I realize it's been a few days since Memorial Day. . .

But you know I couldn't let the week end without writing about my Memorial Day activities.
You know I always have something "interesting" going on.

Well, I did cook, but I didn't take many pictures. Only one, really. Heck, I didn't want to cook, but my sister Kentucky started whining. So I cooked.



Somebody got the grand idea of selling "split" leg quarters. Sounds stupid, but it is a good idea because I HATE leg quarters, being that they are hard to grill right. So I decided to test them out. They were pretty good. I also grilled turkey burgers and hot dogs. That was the gist of it.

Yo, there was a City Confidential Marathon on... You know how much I love City Confidential and Law and Order Marathons. There were a couple of Law and Order Marathons rolling strong. I was in heaven! I was waaaay overloaded.

Doggone cats slept the days away, in there usual place.


I pissed them off ALL weekend... I waited 'til they were good and sleep, then I threw stuff at them- pillows, balled up pieces of paper, etc... They were both giving me the *gas face* all weekend.

And most special of all... I had a special little visitor.

The proud Mama of my permanent house guest Kramer stopped by to visit her beloved child.

It's a wondrous thang for the little one to walk through my front door and proclaim for all to hear:

I'm Kramer's Mom!!!!


The look on that cat's face says it all...

To be continued.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41:00 PM

    Law & Order is my show. I like SVU the best. Kids can be rough with pets. Po' Kramer. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the cutest little girl. Of course the cat seems to be saying "Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Who the hell told you to let HER in? And during nap time too! Do I look at ALL cuddly or even happy right now?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did you end up with a permanent house guest anyway? Did I miss a post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @that southern black gal...

    Yes, I like that doggone Law and Order. SVU is my favorite, too.

    And kids can be rough with pets. He was sitting there, looking at her, as if to say... "Oh Lawd. Come on now, let's get this over with."

    LOL.

    @2nd 68...

    And that's how poor Kramer was acting. But he let her have her way with him (for a time).

    Yes, you missed the post. Did it back in January.

    http://ladylee35.blogspot.com/2008/01/most-unusual-sleepover.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Grillmaster. What's in the glass bowl on the grill??? Aspiring grillmasters would like to know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ms.Blackliterature.com

    Hey Ma!

    That there sauce in the bowl is some Kraft honey BBQ sauces straight out the bottle. I left that bowl in the grill by mistake, and it dried all up, lol. I just threw the whole bowl away. There was NO way I was gonna try to clean THAT out...

    Hey, and I mailed Serenity30 your baby shower gifts! Sorry I can't be there, because I know it's gonna be off the chain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ;-) That's sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ms.Blackliterature.com...

    And make sure you get your baby blanket from Serenity. She say she thinking about keeping it. HUMPH. Let me know if it is missing from your care package so i can fly to Charlotte and pull off that Oldgirl's clear heeled shoe and beat her upside the head with it!

    LOL!

    Have a blast at the Baby shower/barbeque:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah... I see. Kramer shole done got big!

    Now how is it that he lives with you instead of his beloved daddy and his cute little mom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @2nd 68...

    Kramer is crazy. He was worst than a dog down at Hen's house. Taring up garbage, stealing and hiding food, just acting a plum fool. I told Hen that he needed another cat to temper Kramer out a bit. But Hen wasn't having that.

    Since I was thinking about getting another cat, Kramer came over for a sleepover. He did well with Oscar-Tyrone, and he doesn' tare up my stuff. He's a pretty good, well behaving cat. Just needed a friend who looks like him, lol. So now he stays with me, and goes to Chayse's house when she comes over for a week or so. Or she comes up and visits him.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!