Friday, May 30, 2008

An Oldgirl Memorial Day Weekend, Part III

So... Chayse and I headed out into the garden.


I have an herbal section in the garden, and I let her pick a few things and tell me what they smelled like. I have a lemon balm plant that smells like lemons. I have the rosemary plant, and it smells like fresh pine. I have some spearimint and mint plants. Yes, she liked that alot.

I also have several pots of herbs that I needed to put in the ground. I also have pepper plants that needed to go out.

So, uh... I put the little girl to work. I let her pick what she wanted to plant.

She planted two pepper plants and one cinnamon basil plant.


I dug the holes and let her sit the plants over in the holes. I gave her a small spade and let her fill it all in with fresh dirt.

Yes, I was standing there yelling, cheering her on!



"10 big girl scoops, Chayse!"

"That ain't enough dirt in that hole, Chayse. Gimme ten more big girl scoops. Give me a big Daddy scoop, girl."

After all that, she was like, "Ms. LadyLee, I'm tired! Let's go in the house!"

LOL!!!

So I asked her if she'd like to bake her Daddy some cookies. She was hyped about that.

So I put her to work again.

We decided to make some oatmeal cookies. No raisins, but with dried blueberries, cherries, and cranberries, and walnuts. She did good. She knew how to measure and crack eggs and everthing. (Ol Mean Ass Cynthia, you taught her well! She had the crazy Kung-fu grip on the side of that bowl!).



She rolled the dough into balls and smashed them flat as possible (despite my pleas with her NOT to do that).



We placed them in the oven and I turned the oven light on so she could watch them. We removed them from the oven and let them cool. She counted out 20 cookies and stacked them on a plate.



She was VERY proud of those cookies.




She left a few for me and my sister. I told her to arrange them in the letter that begins her name.



We bagged them up, and I walked her home. She found some weeds flowers in the back yard and we planted those in a plastic cup. She planned on giving those to her Daddy.


I was all tuckered out (from giving orders, LOL!), and I know she was too.

I bet she slept GOOD that night. (I know I did).

So that was the gist of my holiday.

I do look forward to my next bit of time off.
Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia keeps running up on me at work talkin' about...
"I'm here to collect my baby's 40 acres and a mule!"

That's okay. That baby enjoyed herself!
Maybe I can get Kramer's Mom to come over again and put in more work!

6 comments:

  1. That child is adorable! Even if you did work her like a hebrew slave! Glad she ain't mine. I wouldn't be shit the first time she smiled at me bringing weeds and cookies. She would get away with murder after that!

    And shame on you looking for your "helper" to come back again for another day of back breaking labor!

    On the real, them cookies look DAMN good. I knew it was no mistake putting you in the harem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...She is too cute! Sounds like BOTH of y'all enjoyed yourselves to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You WOULD show a picture of some doggone cookies. I came by earlier and caught up on all three not-too-long parts of your Memorial Day weekend. You really know how to make a person feel as if they are in your living room sitting right next to you watching a Law and Order marathon as ya girl does all those chores. I couldn't seem to taste a cookie in my imagination though. Whatcha gon' do about that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20:00 AM

    And I'm still waiting for those reparations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that baby girl?! And getting started in the garden early is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Punkin aka Chayse's Ma...

    I ain't giving your baby JACK. What I really need is for her to spend the night, so she can wash dishes for me. YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!