Friday, May 30, 2008

An Oldgirl's Memorial Day Weekend, Part II...

So, Hen-Dog and Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia's daugther, Chayse, made an appearance at my house to see her "son".

She was allll smiles looking to and fro for her baby.

"He's over in the chair sleeping, Chayse," I said.


Kramer was looking like, "Uh, what's going on?"

But after awhile, he was content to hang out with his Mama.

But he still had that "look" of "Yo, LadyLee, I need to get back to my nap... help a cat out, why don't cha."
She kept saying "Kramer is my son, Ms. LadyLee. I'm his Mom."

"You sure are, baby," I agreed. "That's your son. You are Kramer's Mommy."

I told Hen and Cynt to make sure Chayse know that is HER cat. He is just a permanent "visitor", hanging out with his homeboy Oscar-Tyrone. I don't want to wake up 20 years from now and turn on Snapped or Women in Prison, and see Chayse on there talking about "My life of crime started when dayum LadyLee took my cat!"

LOL!!!

Poor Kramer. Everytime the cat would fall asleep, Chayse would go shake him awake. That was too funny.

Kramer is a long hair cat, and he needs to brushed and combed regularly, or he gets "dreadlocks". (Cat grooming irks me to no end. I NEVER brush or comb Oscar-Tyrone). So since his Mama was around, you know I had to put her to work.

"Chayse, brush your son's hair," I said.

She was more than eager to do it. And he likes to be brushed.


But he still had the look that said, "Yo, Ladylee... help me out here. She don't brush me like you do!"




So I decided to give Kramer a break, and put Chayse to work elsewhere. I had a nice pile of laundry sitting on the sofa.

"Chayse, you know how to fold up clothes?"

She nodded. "Yes I do, Ms. LadyLee!"

"Show me," I said.

She grabbed a towel and folded it.

"That's real good, girl!" I said. I pulled more towels out of the pile. "Now keep folding!"

She did, and she was happy to do it.

LOL!!!

She grabbed a bed sheet from the pile, tried folding it, then shook her head.

"Oh, no Ms. Ladylee! It's too hard, much too hard!"

(Darn.)

So, we hung out and watched television for awhile. She played with her beloved cat, Kramer. And my sister Kentucky, who's in grad school now getting her Masters in early childhood education... uh, she brought out a whole bunch of crayons and markers and children's books. I have a box of stickers, so I brought that out.

Chayse was in heaven! LOL.

Chayse drew the most beautifullest picture for us.



... And told me the strangest story behind that picture. (That there is a woman whose occupation is a "Nail Polisher", and she is with her daughter. I will leave it at that.) She was only there for a couple of hours, then she made the short 1/4 block walk back down to her Daddy's house.

She came over the next day, for a much longer time.

And we had a chance to head out into the backyard into the garden!!


To be continued...


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:40:00 PM

    You done put the little girl to work. LOL I do the same. They be so happy to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know indentured servitude was voluntary too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO..you put that baby to work!?! LOL She looked happy to help, though. When they get a bit older is when they aren't too happy about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!