Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A LadyLee Geeky Moment

We interrupt our regular broadcasting to bring you a

LadyLee GEEKY Moment.

Over the past few months I've done a bit of wine shopping...

This is odd.

I don't drink.

I happen to frequent a few stores that boast enormous wine selections.

I like coming across strange wines, and since many of my friends drink wine, I find that it is a nice gift to give when going to someone's house for a get-together of any sort.

(That and a batch of cookies. People LOVE cookies more than wine, lol).

If you read this blog on a regular basis, you will find that I have a strange fascination with "Bitch" wine.



This is my wine of choice to give to friends. Let's just say, it is memorable. And it is not the typical Merlot. It is an Australian Barossa Grenache. (You won't remember that, but you will remember the name brand "Bitch". LOL)

But something happened last week, when I was walking through my beloved "White People's Kroger" grocery store. This is store they built in the hood when all the white people started moving back to the inner city. It is very nice, very clean, and the check out lines are very short.

Humph.

I buy Bottles of Bitch at this store.

But I was walking down an aisle, and I saw a wine that made me pause.

And scream "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

A young man was walking by. I startled him when I yelled. He gave me a strange look, then hurried past me with his cart.

I picked up the bottle, studied the label intensely for a full minute. SMILED real HARD. Got REAL dizzy.

It was almost orgasmic, it was.

At 22 dollars, the wine was more expensive than I care to pay. Bitch cost 11 bucks a bottle.

But uh, I had to get it, this bottle of Educated Guess...

I took it home, placed it on the table and took a picture.



I gasped in horror when Kramer jumped up on the table. I think he saw a bird outside and was trying to look out the window. Kramer got yelled at real hard for jumping up on the table. He was looking at me sideways for the rest of the day, lol.

Look real close... At that label.

Oh. My. Goodness.

The chemical equations for the fermentation of alcohol. Thermodynamic and kinetics graphs and equations. And my area of training, the organic chemistry. And they are CORRECT.

As a chemist, that turns me ON!!

Had an Oldgirl all **Giddy Giddy Giddy**

Yeah, me and my geekiness.

I'm such a nerd.

But I love all things chemistry.

Sigh. Hard sigh. smile.

*Lee hugs bottle of Guess close to her bosom*

We now return to our regular broadcasting...

14 comments:

  1. You are a nut!

    For real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @That Original Oldgirl Chele...

    Gurrrrrl, I got all GIDDY when I saw THAT!!

    That should be a good bottle of wine, right? 22 bucks? And you do the wine club thing- Cabernet Sauvignon, that should be a good wine, right? That's a good grape, right?

    Better be for 22 bucks.

    But I bought it for the nice chemical equation. My geekiness shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man oh man...you do got it bad. But I will say this, some folks buy wine because of the way it smells etc. and you buy it on chemical analysis.

    You might be on to something here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:19:00 PM

    LOL. You are a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with a wine called THE NOVELIST, but I can't fine it anywhere. Sniff. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was mad at the picture. Don't let me find a wine with the pythagorean theorem on it...SHeeeit! I may be in business!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought a bottle of wine with a puzzle piece on the label because my new book has puzzle pieces in it. As a matter of fact....I need to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Terry in his cheap seat...

    Man, Serenity is my personal wine sommelier, and I have learned much from her about wine... but honestly, I like the pretty pictures on the front. That is IT.
    God bless the man who decided to put the chemical breakdown of the fermentation on the bottle!!

    @That southern black gal...

    Yes, I'm a nerd... and you're a Lil' Wayne jock rider. Therefore we are strangly...even. LOL!!

    @Tayari aka Miss Celie...

    Go get your wine, Miss Celie!!!

    Wine chateau has it, you NOVELIST!

    http://www.winechateau.com/vsku1424969.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=COSENTINO%20WINERY%20THE%20NOVELIST%202006

    @The LBeezy...

    Oh chile... the feeling one gets from seeing one's profession on a bottle...

    Here's to you finding a Pythagoreom theory and other engineering jargon on a wine bottle someday... I'll be looking out for such.

    LOL!

    @That Botanical Chick Carleen!...

    Go head on and get it, Carleen. I am finding it is best to go and get it... Too often, I've seen wine, only to go back later and it is GONE! So get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!!

    Definitely a geeky moment...but I totally understand where you are coming from.

    I have to find me a bottle of that "bitch" wine...i'm intrigued by the name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geeks Unite! I also would have though that a way cool bottle.

    But I still ain't taking Chemistry... Too damn early THREE days a week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:44:00 AM

    Geeks rule!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm..yeah, you are certifiably crazy :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty helpful info, lots of thanks for this article.
    here

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!