Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tuesday Ponderings-"You Suckas!!!"

What's up you SUCKAS!!!

Yeah, I called ya'll some suckas.

Why?

Because ya'll at work today, and I am NOT!!!

You suckas!!!!

In other words, I am still enjoying my vacation.

Yes, I am OFF! This is RARE! It feels GOOD!

I'll return to suckerhood next week! Right now, I'll let you all be some suckas. LOL!!

And anyone trying to reach me, leave my gub'ment email alone. Hit up my oldgirl email address. I check that regularly...

My holiday weekend. Well, the highlight of my holiday weekend was my making a pilgrimadge up to Charlotte NC for that Original Oldgirl's Serenity's Housewarming extravaganza...

You know you a bad sista when negroes are driving in and flying in from other states to attend your party. Goodness.

Well, I showed up with a car full of stuff: her blanket, a vacuum cleaner, a gang of wine, crawfish, shrimps and about 6 dozen cookies. I had a bunch of stuff I needed to give to the LBeezy and her baby boy, stuff that's been collecting on my dining room table for the past 3 months, lol.

Let's just say, there was a huge wrapping party at my house on Friday night, i.e., I laid up on the couch with a cold bottle of beer while I watched my sister Kentucky wrap EVERYTHING in bootleg dollar store Christmas paper. American Gangster played loudly on the DVD player.

"Kentucky, you know you like wrapping gifts. I HATE wrapping gifts. I know you love it!"
"No, I don't Lisa."
I frowned. "Oh you don't?"
"No."
"Oh well, that's too bad!" I point at the tall box with my bottle of beer. "Place a little tape on the back right there. The paper is sticking out."

LOL!!

Kentucky had her chance to say no to wrapping gifts. I'd been yelling all week at her about wrapping gifts because I don't like to. She'll stand up to me someday and yell "Hell no, Lisa!!"

I loaded up the car (not my car. My ish broke down last time I was up there. I drove Kentucky's luxurious ride, lol). I yelled at her for having NO air in her tires, so I had to find some air somewhere. GEEZ!!

My ride was nice. But Kentucky has so many controls in her ride. I was freezing cold the whole drive there. UGH!!

Then she had this CD of break-up songs in her car. That made me want to pull over and slit my throat.

And make a mental note to have a convo with her later. Hmm.

But there was one song on there that I love, that I haven't heard in a long time... And it is my Song of the month.

"Bitter" by Chante Moore

Youtube has disabled embedding for this song so go over there and have a look, if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmh8kb0plz8

'Tis a bitter song. It should've been titled "Nigga", but I suppose that is not a good thing. But that word is a formidable part of the chorus, most important part, really. She even mouths it in the video. Heck, I even found the unedited version, which happens to be over on my playlist. (Got a phone call about that yesterday: "Lee, where did you find that?" LOL).

I've been combing through old journals and similar material lately, looking for "myself" for lack of a better term to use, and I came across an account of an old argument I'd had with my ex-husband. I was SO enraged that morning and words left my mouth that I didn't even know had been trapped DEEP in my heart.

"I f*ckin' HATE you. I f*ckin' HATE your guts!!"

I think during that argument I used the "n" word a gazillion different ways, as a noun, prononun, conjuction, punctuation- every which way possible.

I remember the look of shock on his face. Shoot, I'd shocked my ownself! He didn't know what to do. I am terribly passive agressive by nature, which means I rarely fight or argue. RARELY. (People who know me, ya'll know how quiet I am). I just don't talk to you. I disappear, almost like I've fallen off the face of the earth. I'm still like that, but I am around people who force me to talk without punishing me for it later, so I am getting better (I suppose).

My man was buffed and carried a lot of guns and knives. He could've hurt me bad that day. I think he told me to go to hell after he got over the shock of what I'd said.

We spoke about it a couple of days later, ironically, after his Mama's funeral. We both apologized for our behavior. I remember standing in the yard, thinking of how pretty his brown eyes were in the afternoon sun...

...And how the relationship, and the marriage were indeed over.

Hard sigh. Big tear.

I think every sista has gone "there" before, where you are saying stuff that you didn't even know was in your heart, whether your goal was to hurt your man's feelings, or whether you REALLY hated dude. I am terribly violent, so I've thrown a punch or two in the process. We've all gone "there" in some way or another.

I like Chante's song, because she goes "there" in a very nice and loving manner. I don't remember a song being sung so lovingly about bitterness. Hmm.

Try that with your man, ladies! You'd get laughed out the frickin' door if you do!

Me and ATLien Nikki were wondering what Kadeem Hardison did to ol' Chante. She got a couple of crazy songs out there. Funny how everyone thinks of her "ex" when she sings. I know that trips him out!

Okay, enough of my meanderings...

Let's end this on a smurfy note. Since Chante Moore is one of my favorite singers, here's a couple more of my favorite songs by her.

"Love's Taken Over"



"Love's Taken Over" Quiet Storm REMIX!



"Chante's Got a Man"



You all have a great day... AT WORK!!

LOL LOL!!!

Holla at cha!!

16 comments:

  1. its not very nice to call people you dont know suckers although since there is a sucker born every minute i am sure most people who look here are suckers

    ReplyDelete
  2. @perturbed Tommy...

    It's a JOKE!!!!

    A JOKE!!!

    My goodness!!!!

    And MY readers are not suckers...
    They know how I joke!!

    And here YOU come! Wow! Feel free NOT to read me!!

    A JOKE!

    My goodness...

    Uh, I thought I negated that when I said, quote "I will return to suckerhood next week!"

    You get it? You get the JOKE!

    LOL!!

    My goodness.

    Tommy must be at WORK!!!

    It's okay, Tommy! I'll be back at work next week, too!!!

    LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04:00 PM

    Ugh @ Tommy.

    Now you know you could have helped Kentucky after telling you she doesn't like wrapping gifts. LOL I despise gift wrapping. I'm just not good at it.

    I love Chante! But I wish her and her husband, Kenny Latimore stop making cds together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOTE: After Shawty got all attitudinal in my comment section, everybody is officially a SUCKA today!! ENJOY your official SUCKERHOOD!!

    Shoot.

    @Lovebabz...

    BABZ!!!

    I said bizzy,bizzy BABZ!!!!

    MAN! You, my dear, my dear SUCKA!!!

    My dearest BABZ!!!

    Let me tell you something straight up! YOU HAVE BEEN WRITING SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POSTS I'VE READ IN MY LIFE LATELY.

    It's like you finish writing your posts then slam the computer to the ground. It is not FIT to write anything else on, and you must start anew on a new computer.

    DANG!!

    Such a lovely sucka, you are...

    Girl, I read that post and just bust out crying. I couldn't leave a comment. I had to wipe my tears off the laptop. I read your ish and have to back away from the laptop and go get some water.

    DAYUM!!

    Check it out, Babz... I love ya to death, you know I do... But i might have to stop reading you. It's just too much knowledge, too much information, too much of EVERYTHANG I need.

    I could write a THESIS on each post... A dayum dissertation.

    IT's too much, Babz... I need you to write a one word post. Let's practice right here...

    "The"

    Okay, you do that, and I will be fine. However, your "the" is chocked full of info... Your "the" may mean "truth, harmony, and essential".

    lol

    Serenity, you sucka, I mean you chicken... GO READ THAT POST PRONTO. And write me a 10 page paper on what it means to you. You too, Lbeezy. You too, Southern Black Gal. Matter of fact, any woman on that tender cusp of 30ish, read THAT. That might be a bit too deep for a 25 year old... might be seeing *crickets* behind that.

    Goodness. Babz, like I said, I couldn't even start to write a comment. You know how longwinded I am. Blogger comment section would have cut me OFF and BANNED me.

    So I will leave this "Abbreviated comment" over here in my comment section.

    I think we are both passive aggressive individuals. I am working on mine. I STILL get my head busted when I speak my mind, but OH WELL!

    I said "OH WELL!"

    *Lee pointing the sucka to the nearest exit*

    That person is not allowed in the inner courts of The Almighty Queen of the House of LadyLee.

    Really though.

    And by the way, I holla "Off with their heads!"

    Babz, I don't know if these young girls understand. We, as some Ole chicks, lol, let it hit us, but like you recently did... we get back up... A young chick? A dude can have her questioning her purpose, her very existance?

    *Lee shadowboxing, catfighting HARD with the air*

    SHORTY PLEASE.

    Somebody give me a church fan so I can cool myself off.

    I am glad you recognize that. That is the first thing I thought. Dude done upset Babz. I need to get Southern Black Gal's crowbar and go handle some things. A whole gang of us... And you know how off the chain Sharon is... I'd brang her with me.

    Babz, it ain't you, HE'S the one dealing with a esteem issues. He wanna act like a SUCKA, that's his loss.

    And besides, you don't need to invite him to that wedding. Big Mama and em might try to tare that sucka's head off. You know we got crazy folk in our fams. And he's putting baby girl BABZ through trouble. That sucka say one wrong word and liable to get SHOT. At the joyous wedding, no less. You know we got crazy people in our families.

    Alright girl, I'll stop blogging in MY comment section about this.

    Look, on the real tip... you do what you need to do for YOU and your kids. Anyone not with that purpose and goal need to take a back seat until they LEARN what's up and respect you. Period.

    Whoo, chile... you sure do use your "Oldgirl in Training" card well. You must REALLY want to be an "Original Oldgirl"! LOL!!

    That's alright... Enjoy being a sucka for today!!

    And yes, Chante went there. A little different from the way the "n" word is used in these awful rap songs, ain't it? OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lighten up Tommy...
    It's all love!! [LOL]

    Now...where da heck have I been that I'm only just finding out you're on vacation.

    ::scratchin' my head::

    Hmmm...looks like I've got some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Over Here...I coulda been off today too if I had wanted to...but I didn't want to, so there...-HA..take that!-lololol...

    @Tommy-See Tommy,it's all jokes,
    all love. Ladylee can call me anything she wants...I know it's all love.-lololol..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @That Southern Black Gal...

    What's up you sucker...

    Oh, i'm bout to be REAL offensive right here. Watch this:

    You the 2nd bestest Lil' Wayne Jock rider I know!

    That should offend you, because you ain't the first. Serenity loves him more than you. You both are strange chickens, you are!

    LOL!!

    Man, I was NOT wrapping gifts. That vacuum cleaner box was HUGE, containing one of them bagless getups with all the utensils. I kindly moved the coffee table out of the way (well, watched as she moved it, then moved it another inch when she didn't move it far enough out of the way), and provided the scissors, paper, and tape. Grabbed a beer and watched!! Shoot, she always wrap Christmas gifts real nice like. Thought she enjoyed it! My bad! LOL

    Let Chante make music with her man! Stop hating, you sucker!! (You do have a point; I like her solo stuff better)

    @Ms. Behaving...

    Girl, I don't know where you been. I know one thing: You being a sucker. Too much karma sutra, and carribean food. Too much clubbing, and drinking. I think that's it.

    Don't be a stranger, my fellow Haremite!! LOL!! Don't be a sucker.

    @Keith...

    See, my brother, you feel me?

    I thought you would.

    Actually, "Sucker" arose last night after a convo with my best friend. She texted me AFTER we got off the phone.

    Tee: I love you!
    Lee: What the hell is your problem?
    Tee: Thought you needed to hear that today, Lee!
    Lee: Put the crackpipe down and go to bed!
    Tee: YOU A SUCKA, LEE!

    The end.

    LOL!! Ain't that lovely? Thought I would use it today. (LadyTee, my texts are 20 cent a piece. Call a sista BACK instead of TEXTING, you sucka!!)

    Anyway, how you gonna be happy to go to work? That's the attitude I need! It's so "sucka-free".

    And I will give you my only compliment of the day, since I am not very "nice"... You have a great blog, I admire the love you have for your family and for life, and you are a very formidable example to all black men.

    There you go, Keith... Imagine being all that AND being a sucker!!!

    LOL! Enjoy your WORK day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @The Infamous LA...

    The first time I heard that song, years ago, I was like "That's a nice song. Sad, but nice." Of course, they blotted out the offensive word. Rightfully so.

    Then I saw the video, and saw she was mouthing the word "nigga" in the chorus. I was like "WHAT IN THE WORLD?"

    It's a bit jarring. But La, I know you have snapped hard like that, and was like "Dang, where did all my rage come from"? I know I have, more times than I can count. Chante just did it all nice and lovely like.

    Hating a man's DOG? That is HATE. You know how dudes feel about their rockwilders and pit bulls. That would make a dude CRY right there.

    Speed that up and put an 808 bass beat behind it and you have a typical rap song! LOL!!

    And I am suprised some of these young non-sanging sangers haven't remade it. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dayum, you blog HARD in your comment responses...my eyes are heavy! Thanks again for the gifts...ain't nuthin; like a bottle of Biatch to keep the party goin'. You wanna know who can sang a break up song real smooth....D'angelo. You can't get no better than saying you 'bout to kill somebody like he did in "Shyt, Dayum, Motherfugger." Mayne, that song was cold and he sang the curse words so smooth that I could listen to it in the car with my momma. Whew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @LBeezy...

    Yes indeed, I blog hard in my comment section. I didn't want to cloud up Babz' comment section. Bear Maiden blogged in her comment section and it was a GOOD ONE. I had so much to say, I couldn't get my head straight. That's my new thing now... come back this way and blog in my own comment section. That makes me a sucker, don't it!!

    LOL

    DANG! I don't remember THAT D'angelo song. Uh, that was NOT on the first album. That sounds like somebody bout to get hurt for real! DANG!

    Glad ya'll are enjoying the gifts. I am sure my table will pile up with more:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it WAS on the first one. I believe that it was track #5, if my memory serves me. See, it was so smooth, you couldn't tell that he was talkin' 'bout catchin' his girl cheatin' and killin' them both, hunh?

    But I had to come back b/c I didn't feel as if I thanked you enough. When I gave J that WRAPPED gift, he said, "Is this for me?" And then all you heard were Oooooo, Awwwww, Whoa, Cooooool. So thanks...even though you held them, they were right on time for his bday! You are one cool muthasucka!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr. Ladylee...you are alright with me!

    You absolutely could have left that comment on my blog! But I do so appreciate it here. There is something magical about being a grown woman, in her right mind and in charge of her destiny.

    I am grateful for your blog voice and friendship! You are one wise old girl!

    I can't wait to get my official card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what...woman you're lucky I love you or I might justs have to go all urban warfare up in this mug.

    Just cause I am a "sucka" don't mean you got to point it out and shit...okay...maybe you do.

    I hope you have a great vacation and oh, here's a thought, if you can't find nothing to do, you could always...WRITE SOMETHING!

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, just thanks Ladylee, tomorrow at work people are going to walk in and out of my office annoying the crap out of me, and I will be singing n*gga. If I get fired its entirely your fault.

    By the way, I'll be off for a time next week and do you know what that will make you.......................................A Sucka! LMAO.

    Tell Tommy I said to get a Dulcolax and let it marinate! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @LBigga...


    On the first album, huh? And you know the track number! Hilarious! I have to go check that one out.

    Why you thanking me, man! Go drink that Bitch on Ice, and enjoy your stuff.

    Humph!!
    (You're welcome!)

    @LoveBabz...

    I can't leave that comment there! Bear Maiden shut your comment section DOWN. LOL!! I went over there and was like "Well, shut my mouth!"

    You's more wiser than me...

    Been scarfing through your archives, and uh... you need to pen an autobiography or a Lifetime movie or something... you've lived one hell of a LIFE. Goodness gracious alive. I am inspired. I think I will go run for president or something, lol...

    @Terry from his Cheap seats...

    You sound like a troublemaker.

    Look here Terry! Don't you drop that lit cigar over in the House of LadyLee. I'd hate to call the blog cops on you! (And you know that cigar cost you 100 bucks, so stop playing!). Don't start none, won't be none, babes!!!

    You'll be PROUD. I am WRITING. I have class now, so I MUST write!!

    oh yeah:)

    @MagnoliaPeach...

    PEACH! Sang gal! Sang that song!!

    Don't sing it to your boss. The other suckers, well, you can sing it to them! LOL

    Uh, do you go to Paris next week? Shoot man, I'm just happy for you! You can call me a SUCKER all day. Matter fact, I want you to go to the top of the Eiffel tower and scream:

    "Ladylee est agréable, mais elle est une sucker!! Mon nom est Magnolia Peach, et je suis sucka libre."

    Translation: LadyLee is nice, but she is a sucker!! My name is Magnolia Peach and I am sucker-free!

    Yeah, ya'll didn't know the Oldgirl knows quite a bit of French. Oui Oui, Baby!!


    @Torrance...

    Dr. Raw Dawg,All-mi-ti one, my fellow Doc. You worked today, then you're a sucka. A good one, no less:) Really though!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!