Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Ramblings..

I was OFF today. Nothing to be happy about. I woke up sick as a dog this morning. STILL not sure what that was about. Maybe too much drinking and drugging all weekend! (Yeah right,lol). I haven't been drinking my water like I should, and I get easily dehydrated. I didn't take my medicine before I went to bed, so I guess that was it. (SHAME on ME).

I feel a little better now. Reluctantly, I will go to work tomorrow.

My weekend. My weekend was quiet for the most part. As usual I have A LOT of things planned for the weekend, but uh, it may or may not pan out.

But this weekend, I got together with my BFF LadyTee, who I haven't seen since late June. (We are weird like that. Talk everyday, but too busy to get together). We went to the movies to see Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys.

That was a GOOD movie. Both LadyTee and I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Alfre Woodard, and I always go see whatever she's in.

There's one thing I like about Tyler Perry: He has the money and resources to make whatever movies and shows he wants to make. In other words, despite all the criticism of his OWN people and everybody else, he keeps pressing on. First, people were upset about him throwing on a dress and a wig. NOW he is being criticizedfor having white people in his movies. Hmmm. Can't do nothing right, can he?

I'm just glad he has the money and resources to do one thing: learn. He has the resources to learn his craft.

I wonder, what is it like to do what you really LOVE and not have to deal with the daily grind of a job, etc.

I'm glad Tyler Perry knows. And by the time he makes that 10th movie (I think this was movie number 6?), well, he will suprise us all...

I'm glad he makes movies that I can take my Grandma to. I may take her to see this one.

Enough of my rantings. The movie was good. Period.

Besides that, I hung out a little while with LadyTee, got a few things done around the house, and got some much needed rest.

A nice enough weekend indeed.

Pet peeves. I have a pet peeve, for which I am terribly ashamed: I can't STAND calling a credit card company or a bank and someone with a very heavy accent tries to help me. Now, I realize that there's a lot of outsourcing to India and other foreign countries, but I just don't care to give my personal information or get help from someone who I just cannot understand.

Oh, and we REALLY have a problem if a telemarketer with a heavy accent calls my house. That's an automatic hang-up. I can't understand what they are saying so there is no need for me to talk.

Ugh. I have no idea how to get rid of that. It is so wrong, I know. But I need someone who can talk to me a bit clearer than the customer service representatives that I get. I end up calling back until I can get some ample help. 'Tis wrong, but oh well.

Things that make me scratch my head. There is a strange case down in Orlando Florida, where a young 3 year old girl Cay.lee Anthony disappeared. Of course there has been a frantic search for her. But, the kicker is that the girl had been gone for a full month before anyone reported her missing. The mother won't talk. The grandparents are tripping. Last week, DNA tests showed that a decomposing body had been in the trunk of the mothers car.

Hmm. This chick was charged on suspicion, let out on bail, and locked back up again on some bad check charges. All in all, she's a bit tight-lipped about what she knows about her daughter.

Thank goodness I'm not in charge down there, because this chick would be thrown UNDER the jail. I've NEVER heard of a mother who isn't concerned about a missing child. Hmm.

And what's up with Sarah Palin's daughter? Is the father of her child a black man, or is that just a rumor? I'm assuming that it's a rumor. We'll know when the baby get's here, won't we? LOL!!

I'm still tripping that the supposed baby's father parents would let him be flown out to the convention and paraded around and shown off the way he was. No way my son would've been pawned out like that. All over somebody's political aspirations. Humph.

And 2 more companies fail today: Lehm.an Brothers and Me.rrill-Lyn.ch. Well, Merr.ill-Ly.nch was snapped up by Bank of Am.erica. One more, AI.G, is on the brink, and asking the feds for a bailout.

Goodness. It's hard for me to concentrate on managing the little budget I have when these big companies can't manage their own. Maybe they need a good finance group like my own, lol. It definitely reminds me to be thankful, and to work harder on managing my finances, that's for sure.

Happy things. A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine (we'll call her "Trip"), was laid off from her job. Instead of whining and wailing, she took the opposite route: she prayed and she got a game plan together. She called several friends, got them to get agreement with her. We all prayed and kept it moving.

She had an interview, and got a job. Not just any old job, but one that is a bit closer to her house, and pays more money. She hadn't even got her severence check yet from the old job. So, she has a new job, plus a severance check now. Hmm...

It was all good for me to witness this. First, I am just honored that I was one of the people she called to talk to about her plans. It reminded me that in times of adversity, one's true character is revealed. It also reminded me in times of need for help, to sit down and pray about it. I can't forget Who my help comes from. I really can't, and I must remember to act accordingly.

I'm in the midst of setting up some short term goals for myself. All of it is written down, but in different places. Trip's experience has allowed me to understand the attitude I have to have. It really has.

So thanks "Trip". What you went through helped me, more than you will ever know.

Congratulations on that new job, girl. Good for you!

So that's all that's on my mind at the beginning of this week. It trips me out that it's already the middle of September. Before you know it, we'll be celebrating the winter Holidays. Oh joy!

Have a good week:)

13 comments:

  1. I was wondering where in the hell you were...send up a smoke signal or Morse code or SUMTHIN!

    I wanted to see that movie. I had an off day this Friday that got moved to next Friday, so I might plan on being one of the last 10 people in the world to see it then since I'm too lazy to go after work.

    I like Tyler Perry; however, I don't get The House of Pain AT ALL. I just don't think its funny and I'm wondering why every night they're advertising 12 new episodes in one sitting. Am I the only person that can't find the humor in that show? I prefer his plays if he must be Madea. And the only movie that I took really seriously was "Why Did I Get Married?" But that's just me.

    I also want to see The Women...**crickets**...I know, I know. But if you can have pocketbooks, I can have chick flicks.

    Your friend has the kind of faith that I wish I had. I know that I'd be crying on somebody's shoulder before I even begin to think of the words "game plan". That was truly inspirational.

    Feel better, Leezarus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your weekend was all good.

    I also saw the Tyler Perry joint with my other half and enjoyed it. It led to a convo on a deeper level on the lack of the strong father presence in most of TP's movies.

    Also... That always happens (the job) to a person that knows that they are blessed. Good for her. Good you were a witness.

    Oh, and I wasted 10 HOURS on the expressway thanks to Ike coming all the way up to Chicago and flooding damn near all of Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @That Original Oldgirl The Lbeezy...

    I woke up this morning and was feeling crazy and just went back to bed.

    Go see the movie. It was very good.

    I don't like Tyler Perry's House of Payne either. But, a friend of mine told me that he said in an interview that it is a learning process. They've already done 100 episodes and it is now in syndication. He has another sitcom starting up soon. The important thing is that he owns all his ish and can learn on the job...

    The Women? eww. For Jada Pinkett, I suppose? LOL. I will wait for that to come out on DVD!

    I'm sure Trip shed a tear or two, but she manned up, got everything in order, and it worked out better than expected. I needed to see that, because I have some goals I want to get to pronto...

    @That Original Oldboy Hassan...

    Yep there is a lack of a strong father presence... He was heavily abused as a child by his father. I think Daddy's Little Girlswas the only movie with a strong father figure...

    Ain't it a trip how the hurricane reached up that far? My goodness!

    And is it just me, Hassan or am I tripping, but our beloved president looked like he was forced to make a few statements of "Concern" about the last 2 hurricanes, i.e., he was not concerned about any of it.

    Iraq is more important than our own. And that bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better.

    Obviously that mother has something to hide and it's sad that the grandparents are protecting her with their silence.

    I hate calling customer service PERIOD. And yes, it bothers me too when I do have to call and get someone from another country with a THICK accent, whom I can't understand. I do try to speak to them though...even though in the end, I end up hanging up in frustration and calling back for someone else anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:45:00 AM

    I saw Tyler's new flick too this weekend. Loved the movie but never again will I go to opening night when the cast is black. A full theater of black people is not the bidness. I have to see it again b/c of all the yelling, "she wrong", "damn she got knocked out".

    Sad to say but little Cay.lee is dead and the mother did it. The grandparents are in denial. Maybe if they weren't, the mother would talk. But the way they keeping put her in jail and then letting her out, she will never talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! that is SO my pet peeve too. I am all for people getting jobs to suppor themselves and their families but I need to to be able to serve me and in order to do that you have to UNDERSTAND ME. It drives me crazy.

    I wasn't completely sold on the Tyler Perry movie (mostly because I have no idea what the plot is) but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

    Your friend's story gives me some hope too. I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Opinionated Diva...

    Not 100%, but feeling much better!

    I wonder how the Cay.lee thing will play out. So, we can extrapolate from this that you can just get rid of your child, and nothing happens. Hmm.

    Good, I thought I was the only one antsy about customer service!

    @Southern Black Gal...

    Look here. We went down in the white area. That's how you do that. Yeah, it was full of black folk, but we are more cordial over in them parts of town! LOL!

    Yep, the mother did it. When they find evidence of a decomposed body AND chloroform in a car, uh... somebody did SOMETHING!!

    And correct me if I'm wrong... but murder is against the law. It really is.

    Thank goodness they didn't use the old trusty tale: "A black man took her!"

    Humph.

    @The Infamous LA...

    GO SEE THE MOVIE, LA!!! I think you will like the layered plot lines. Tyler is getting more detailed with his ish. Thank goodness he gots the money to learn however much he wants to learn and just put it out there!

    My friend did the darn thing. Gave me hope, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I saw the new TP flick too. We enjoyed it. Now I have two favorites of his, "why did I get Married", and this one.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the story about your friend "Trip". I may be going through something similar in the near future and I'm already getting my plan together.

    I really enjoyed the TP movie. Sanaa Lathan was a straight trip! I loved her as the bad girl. And I agree with LB about House of Payne ... I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you liked the movie. Now I may check it out. Wow! I know you were rambling but that's a heck of a way to defrag your head!
    LOL
    Jaycee

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Folk need to leave Tyler alone. Man is brilliant, and dare I say anointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @The BBallMama... Yep, those are my two favorite movies, too. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

    @That Original Oldgirl Chele... When adversity strikes, the question of "What do you REALLY believe" comes up with a vengeance. It really does.

    I loved Sanaa's part. She was a bad girl indeed. Wasn't expecting that at all!

    @Mista Jaycee... I loved the movie, go see it. Yep, I like my Monday ramblings. Clears my head, gets me ready for my week!

    @B64... Yeah, I think the man is annointed. How can we tell? He is making progress and he is prosperous in all areas. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!