Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Afternoon Ramblings...

Again...

It is COLD outside.

And from the looks of the extended weather forecast on the local news, I suppose it will stay cold.

I actually went ahead on and turned on the furnace. Yep. As my best friend says, "Turn on the heat, just to knock the chill off the house, girl!" Yep, knocked it off a bit too much, because we were about smoked out up in there. I think I have it at a nice temperature now.

And, have you seen the price of gas?! Gas is so cheap right now that I got myself a FULL tank of premium. That's supreme, babes. My Mazda beater hasn't had a tank of premium since 2001! LOL!!

My boss is not at work today. GLORY!!! The Infamous Hen-Dog is in charge! And if you ask him a question, he gives that "I don't care, leave me alone LadyLee!!" look.

Thus, it will be a laid back day, and I might take off out of here early. I asked Hen-Dog if this was fine. He peered at me curiously, blinked hard, then waved bye-bye.

Yeah, I'll only work 5 hours today. I got ish to do!

My weekend. I woke up on Saturday morning just full of GLEE! I walked out of my bedroom singing a song, a happy, happy song...

"I don't have to work today! I don't work today! La-La-la-Laaaaaaaa!!!"

*Cats scrambling out of LadyLee's path REAL fast*

No work this weekend. Boy, that felt good.

I was the Queen of Chores all morning long. I cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned up my bedroom, vacuumed, and washed clothes- with a smile on my face! I even did a little crocheting, trying to prep for LBeezy's blanket.

So, 'scuse me while I post some more samples for the LBeezy's perusal:

Crochet Concerns. This one is the one liked by most of the chemists here.



Dr. Hazel Eyes gave some long-winded complicated explanation involving depth and definition, which had me seeing *crickets*. She is correct, though. I think.

This one was liked, but negroes were whining about how it had too much white going on, and they didn't feel like washing it.


Hen-Dog was cool with it, as long as he had a woman that would keep it clean. HUMPH.

This one, the alternating one, was just... weird. It plays tricks on the eyes (which could be a good thing, really). Something went wrong with the strip ridges.


Again, this has been the topic of HIGH discussion at work this morning. We are having isshas with the big piece with the alternating rows. Ol' Mean Ass Cynthia made some funky complicated suggestions, which caused me to angrily yell "What the hell are you talking about, girl?!" She gave me a look of disgust, one of them Big Mama side-eye looks. I queited down. I didn't want to catch a beat down over some doggone yarn.

LOL.

Beezy, if you want that one, you're going to have to decide on a uniform ridge color. As you can see, it's all white ridges and one blue ridge line. I suggest all blue. But that's just me, Ma! Make up your mind, because on November 1, I need to get cracking on this.

Okay, I know that bores you, oh dear blog family... but it excites me to no end!

Moving right along.

I even went to the movies this weekend. I spent part of my morning, before doing chores, finishing up The Secret Life of Bees. Then I hit the theatre in the afternoon. Very good movie. And it stuck pretty close to the book. You can't beat that!

I did quite a bit of sticker shopping for my cards. I buy most of my stickers way out on the southside of town. So, that was a lot of fun, as I don't do that very often. I also bought a gang of yarn. I was a shopping fool, lol!

FFF Possee -ACTIVATE! I had a "Triple F" Possee meeting, i.e., a Financial Freedom Fighters meeting on Sunday. Man oh man, I LOVE getting together with these broads and discussing our finances. And you can say whatever you want to say, with no doggone judgements or anything. Yeah, I get chastised here and there (because I am about 10% trifling, lol), but it is always followed up with VERY good thought provoking suggestions that, if I do them, it changes my whole situation.

I am SO grateful for this group. Changing a few bad habits over the past couple years has really helped me financially. And I am low on the totem pole of the group, because every one else is making such grand strides. Heck, I get all excited over their achievements, feeling like they are my own!

And that's how it's suppose to be, right? Rejoicing in each other successes.

I am pretty sure that's one of the way to open up the door for my own successes.

Ladies, we need to get together once a week! (Yeah right. The online component of our group discussions will do just fine).

Me and the lovely neighborhood Crackheads. So, for my FFF meeting, I whipped up a nice batch, about 2 and a half dozen, of triple chocolate chip pecan cookies.

Why was one of the local crackheads banging on my door yelling "I know you up in there Lee! I smell them cookies! Gimmee some cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have come to learn that cookies are good bargaining tools. Let's just say that I got ALL of my front porch trim painted for 10 bucks and 3 cookies. (I didn't even have to supply the paint. I suppose dude "found" it somewhere. Hmm.)

I know my sister is pissed, because when I make cookies, I leave her a few. I don't eat them myself, as me and sweets don't get along too well. So I may have to make her a batch.

I will post on this next week sometime, as this whole crackhead and local experience, and me getting chastised about MY porch and yard is just a bit, I don't know, puzzling, to say the least.

Bedtime. I have a bad case of insomnia these days, and it is an off and on problem. My doctor says it is due to my condition. She gave me some pills for it, but that ish knocks me out, and I don't like that feeling. So, I would say, for the last week or so, I haven't been falling asleep until about 1 in the morning. That's not good!

Needless to say, I fool around on my laptop around this time. And there wasol' ATLien Nikki, the Iniquitous One, floating around on IM. On Saturday night, I im'd her on her blackberry, and she was at a party. I know she was like "WTF?" in the midst of doing a hard cabbage patch dance move. LOL!!

But we had a LONG discussion the next night, Sunday night, at around 11 p.m. or so. I am trying to write a poem right now, and I need for it to make a little bit of sense (Man, ya'll know how my ish be like some poetry on crack). It is only for a blog post, but I need to make it sound halfway right, lol. So we discussed that, and the root from which it is growing from. She's like, a pit bull when it comes to critiquing my work, not afraid to make me cry and wail, so she gave me some real good suggestions.

I have a few pieces that have a slight erotic component to them. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't STAND erotica. We have all swung from the proverbial chandaliers. I don't want to read about it! Well, if it is spare, and in context and related to the story, then it's cool. Otherwise, it is just fluff. (Keith, I like some of the "Escapades" poetry. I'll make an exception for you, player.)

Nikki knows how to do the erotica thing with the whole emotional component weaved in. I know she will help me along with that. I know if she say that it sound tight, then it is tight. Chick don't mince the words, lol. As long as it is spare, I don't really care. But I need it to make a couple of stories work out.

But, during our discussion, she told me something that I've been told a couple of other times over the past couple of weeks:

"Lee, you are much too hard on yourself."

That gave me pause. I know I am, but I can't help it.

Or...

Maybe I can.

I'll leave you with that. I must go off to the laboratroy and ponder such statements.

I had a good weekend, and I look forward to next weekend.

Have a good week. . . on purpose.

17 comments:

  1. I need productive weekends like the one you be having...

    And make sure to publish that joint after finishing. I need words from folks other than myself to keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - hilarious. I'm glad you had a dope weekend...on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that last line...on purpose! ha! lol

    Why does the local crackhead know your name?

    I have similar insomnia issues because of the anemia. I take lunesta…good stuff. I fall asleep. I don’t feel sluggish in the morning…I feel like I just had a normal night’s sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brown Blogger aka That Original Oldboy Hassan...

    That was a GOOD weekend for a change. Looks like work has just canceled out my entire weekends. I hate that. But things MAY be back to normal. And that's a GOOD thang.

    I hope to start submitting soon, and one of those stories is one that I will submit. It needs a little more depth, and uh, Nikki gonna have to help me in that area, lol...

    @Master Chef Darius... Yo, you need to add me to the book club list. And create a new dish for us chemists here to peruse... Do that ish on purpose. LOL!!

    @Opinionated Diva... Why does the local crackhead know my name? Clutch the pearls! That is funny. Uh, our crackheads are a little bit more "neighborly" than most.

    #1. You better be nice to them, or they're gonna "welcome you to the neighborhood", i.e., kick your door in and steal all of your stuff. LOL They also know who's house is about to get robbed, etc. They are good for neighborhood gossip. Therefore, they are "good" people to know.

    #2. Ain't nothing in the world like getting your WHOLE yard taken care of for 10 bucks. That is enough for 2 rocks in my hood, so they are happy for that. My neighbor/coworker Hen-Dog gives them 2 dollars. They can't stand it, but they will rake a yard of leaves, front and back, for that much.

    #3. We's single women, and they're always trying to holler, which is hilarious!! They will do anything for FREE if they think it scores them some cool points. This has it's advantages, as they watch the house and harass folks who knock on the door too long. (Bootleg security is where it's at!) It has its disadvantages, as we get the hard **side-eye** and get interrogated if a dude comes over. LOL!!

    I'm trying to get a hold of one of the prostitutes that hangs out on the corner, and interview her for the blog. They are NOT neighborly like the crackheads. They are a mean bunch of broads. (Bet they would be nicer if I was a man though.)

    My anemia has something to do with my sleep isshas. I haven't had a full eight hour sleep since October of '07. I may try some of that Lunesta. Tylenol PM and bay leaf tea work well, but I'm too hard headed to take it early enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl,I finnally got back around here...LMAO @ your post...
    I know the local crackheads too...
    Last summer I got one to paint my
    guard railing for $5.00..It saved me some work..It was hot that day..
    lolol ,I perfectly understand..
    These guys see everything too..If I
    need information..They got it..(for a fee.) My wife frowns on it...but
    knowing them comes in handy,like you said.I know exactly what you're talkin about. Glad you had
    a great weekend ..ON PURPOSE!!!-lolol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I put that swatch up against my wall and that blue yarn is much, much brighter than my paint. It's all good, a little variation in color never hurt nobody. I'm excited to have someone in my life that cares enough to send the very best. Thanks, Leezie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Keith...You feel me, man? I thought you would. If you can find a faithful crackhead, you've found a GOOD thing, lol.

    @That Original Oldgirl LBeezy... I told you that that yarn was a bit deeper in color. And here I was in the store, calling you, THINKING I'd found a shade lighter. Girl, I was EXCITED about that.

    So this is what you will do: Don't leave it out. Use it, fold it up,put it in the linen closet. That's how you do that! LOL!

    And you see that color blind chick Serenity30 said deep red and her color scheme is regular red. HUMPH!

    But I think it's gonna be really nice. You'll like it. I oughta make you a hot pink one. Watch out now!!

    I send the very best, babes! Always!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNOW that its going to be really nice! And it shall be on much display! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to crochet years ago. Of course, I think I only knew how to do one stitch.

    10% trifling ain't bad old girl! Stop being so daggone hard on yourself.

    I can see how those cookies can be used for bargaining tools because they ain't nothin' but the TRUTH! My whole family (including B) is grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @That Oldgirl LBeezy... Well, don't be looking at J half crazy if he decides to use it. (You see how Serenity acting). LOL!!

    @That Oldgirl Chele...

    Girl, crocheting is too easy and it's a cheap gift. THAT'S what I'm down for, lol.

    I am much too hard on myself. Gotta celebrate the good stuff! I'm making progress, and I am constantly under construction.

    My cookies are addictive, and get me good service from these dudes. Glad you enjoyed them. Let me know when you want more. I will gladly ship them:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are welcome to contribute your resistance erotica to me over at http://pchats.blogspot.com

    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lovebabz...

    Whoa, BABZ!!!Whoa, Girl!

    LOL!!Girl, I ain't contributing JACK to P*ssychats!! The stuff I'm talking about is a tad bit too tame for ya'll! LOL!!

    HILARIOUS!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

    Folk would be like, don't you EVER allow LadyLee back over here with this lighweight sh**!!! LOL!!!

    Chick, you have given me a good laugh today:) Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lee, Yes you can. Yes you can help it and be easier on yourself. I'm going to see if Nanowrimo will help me train myself to write faster. Maybe you skip Nano and work on training yourself to be kinder to yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @That Botanical Chick Carleen...

    UGH! You suppose to be talking me into doing Nano, Botanical Chick!!

    I can be easier on myself, though. I just have to be sure to focus on the positive aspects of whatever I am doing, NOT the negative. A renewing of the mind of sorts... And I feel like this is a lifelong process.

    And you better talk me into doing Nano. HUMPH! I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a BUSY weekend... whew! I need to get to knitting (i dont crotchet so well) ... It IS that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahmm... I never thought of using the cookies on the local "discount day workers" They are good folk to know at times. Especially if you live in the hood! I am gonna see if they would go for the cookie thing. Thanks for the idea.

    And quit being hard on you! On purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:06:00 PM

    what a busy week!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!