Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A New Principle

You may ask...

"Where is the Oldgirl?"

The answer will be...

"She is busy."

(Or maybe you don't care, and it is something that I ask my ownself).

Man, I'm so busy that it's a...

It's a... crying shame.

Let's give you the scenario: I worked from 12 noon to 11 p.m. on SATURDAY.

Humph. Let's just say I was pissed. BOY, I was mad. I was HOT behind that. Ready to fight.

So that let's you know how busy I be.

And leaving my job at 11 p.m. on a SATURDAY night is no joke. That is because my job is located on the corner of what was once a world famous Male prostitute hustling strip.

And all them jokers were out there on Saturday night. ALL OF THEM. And they were crunk, and making that money, honey!

I'm too innocent to speak of the things I saw and heard Saturday night, lol... And with me being attitudinal, some of them brothas got the *gas face*. LOL

But my weekend ended on a great note. I got a chance to hang out with a new blogger, The Cyncere Sister.

Now, she is one of my book club sistas who I don't see much. I like her though. She cracks me up. She's the type of person you can run up on in a time of need.

"What's wrong, LadyLee??"

"Cyncere sister, they took my money!"

"Who took your money, girl?!"

"Them people. Them bad people."

"That ain't right, Oldgirl. Come on, LET'S GO GET YOUR MONEY!"

We'd go to whoever took my money, and she'd talk a WHOLE lot of trash to them suckers, to the point where they would be like...

"Good Lawd, somebody give back the money so she can stop tripping and get the hell up outta here!!"

She won't fight you, but she will talk PLENTY trash, for principle's sake, you see.

It's all about principle.

(Yeah, ya'll know folks like that. That's what you call "good peoples".)

Well, she'd been yanking on my shirt sleeve for a minute concerning some crochet lessons. I told her to holler whenever she was ready. She's been hollering HARD over email, so we set up a time.

Well, she came over on Sunday (with her 13 year old daughter "Baby Cyncere" in tow). I taught both of them the basic stitches and even showed her how to write up a basic pattern.

Last I heard, heck, she'd bought some yarn, and is working up a scarf from a pattern in one of her books...

YOU GO CYNCERE SISTER!!! YOU GO GIRL!

So, that made me smile. Made my weekend all the better, no matter how jacked up it started out.

It also helped me to understand to be appreciative of the small quiet times, no matter how hectic my world is at the time. There are times when my mind is buzzing hard, but that 4 hours spent crocheting and teaching was very dear to me.

So thanks Cyncere Sister. In the midst of it all, you taught this Oldgirl a thang or two... a new principle, I should say, to get me through.

Hope all is going well with you all... and I will try to get back up to speed soon:)

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm - yea, you've been busy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really nice of you to teach them to crochet. I wish I was close enough to take lessons. Trying to teach myself from the book is giving me headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking time out to connect in the flesh can make all the difference. Serious.

    I know I can't wait to hang out the girls on Friday mornings.

    You work very hard and I sure hope you're getting some compensation for that extra time. Whether it's a bonus or time off, I hope they recognize your good work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there's a record keeping thingie out there that is maintained around the blogosphere, I think that you would lead the list of people who've met the most bloggers in person. Just do it miss LL! And follow your new principle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHEW and i thought i kept a full schedule

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to my world OG! But don't let yourself get caught in the trap for too long. Remember, it is what it is, and what is that you ask? THE MATRIX! Be careful which pill you choose to swallow or you might find yourself trapped inside it forever ;-)

    Me, I'm getting out in 44 days when I sail away on The Splendor....let the count down to my first KISS ON THE LIPS begin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't work that long on Saturdays. I'm glad you had one bright spot to your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I read your comment on diva's site and had to check my fellow atlien. And you crochet? We are so kindred!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was all kinds of pissed for you...working all day on a Saturday - that IS a crying shame!

    but glad the weekend turned out OK anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! UR a trip "old gal" -- I'm home sick...but all up in the bed with my crochet stuff. Had to drop the hubby off --still feeling sick--but stopped my azz off at Michaels to buy yarn--they sell some 'spensive yarn...Hopefully this is a scarf I'm making -- don't care though...I'm gonna put it own and proudly boast "I Made This..." to anyone within earshot... Don't work so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, you been busy, but you always find time to drop a line to me no matter what, so i feel special!

    now that we got cyncere on board, we really CAN start a knitting circle! think of all the things we can do! we can make granny square blankets and donate them to charity or make the little caps for newborns and chemo patients!

    YOU KNOW YOU WANNA DO IT! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be really happy when we finally get to read your novel cause I'm SURE it's gonna be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isidore7:02:00 AM

    Little doubt, the dude is completely fair.
    leather wrap bracelet | map New Mexico | centerpieces ideas

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!