Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quotes of the Month


I read much around the blogosphere that sticks with me.

You never know when I may pick up something you have written...
Here are a few heavyweight quotes that had me pondering.

. . .from Original Oldgirl LBeezy's post "All Cried Out"

"People settle when they don't think that they can have what they want. People settle when they lack faith or think that their prayers will be left unanswered."


. . .from Original Oldgirl's Serenity 30 post "Remember When"

"Sometimes you have to just take a hard look at yourself and think about what you’re doing or what you want to do. Settling is, well just settling. When I think of settling, I think of accepting something as a means to shut me up. It’s not exactly what I want, but it’s a piece of what I desire. If you really think about it, when you settle you are “content” for the moment, but that only lasts temporarily. The kind of happiness that I am expecting isn’t a one time deal, its for a lifetime!"

. . .from Lovebabz's post "Unexpected Wisdom"

"You create your reality. I used to be baffled by that statement. I could not wrap my brain around it. But I tell you it is clear to me now. Change your mind to change your life. What's on your mind is reflected in your life------that goes for people, things, books, activities. All those things reflects what is on your mind..."

Yeah... that's what's up.

With that said, I think I'm ready for the fall season for real now.

Really though.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:03:00 PM

    i agree with that, sometimes you have to just take a hard look at yourself and think about what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quotes...really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great quotes...especially the last one- "You create your reality." I especially like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - view the food blog...something's there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Master Chef Darius...

    GLORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Change your mind to change your life."

    Yes, when God is workin' it out and plants new seeds in the heart they must inevitably renew the mind to make change happen.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!