Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Morning...Once Again.

Mondays seem to roll around a bit faster than any other day.

Must be because it's the most dreaded day of the week.

But I can't think like that. It's a new day. And something wonderful will happen today.

If not for me, then for you.

And that is something we have to believe.

I've taken a vacation... my second of the year.

I also found it necessary to take a vacation from the House of LadyLee.

I am in no ways tired of blogging. I really like my blog, you know. I just needed to get a little time freed up to reevaluate my priorites and needs at the moment. My mind has been in limbo, while my world continues to move forward, and move forward a bit to fast.

Priorities have been reevaluated, reset. I have given myself some time to step into new routines, and doing things that I have let slip ever so slightly. Things that are better for my heart and spirit.

And I am all the better for it.

Blogging fits in there somewhere. Not a hundred percent where "somewhere" is, but it has it's place. More conducive to my creativity than anything...

My weekend. I had a decent weekend. Got home from Mexico on Thursday afternoon. (It is HELLACIOUS getting back into the country through the ATL airport.) So as a result I had a three day weekend.

Friday, I slept in. Then that afternoon, I hung out with Nikki's Mom, helping her sort some of her things out. I myself was on yarn duty, and Nikki had a LOT of yarn. So we spent several hours sorting, unraveling, and rolling yarn. I had a lot of fun, and it felt good to laugh and joke with Nikki's fam.

And I hadn't cried much that week, so this was really good to go over and not be beside myself.

Saturday, I didn't do much of anything. I unpacked, and lazied around the house. It was sunny that morning, so I slept in. But I decided to make a dash to the eastside to do some grocery shopping, and on my way home, at around 3:30 in the afternoon, the bottom fell out the sky.

I never seent so much rain in my life. I thought I missed all that when I was in Mexico, because the ATL westside surburbs flooded something terrible. But the Saturday rain was the last "hoo-rah", I suppose, and let's just say, it took me about 45 minutes to drive 15-20 miles home. We got about 4 inches of rain.

But I made it home safely, and that's all that matters.

Sunday was quiet as well. I did A LOT of housecleaning. This was good, but in a way it wasn't because I've been dealing with a stomach bug since Friday, and I aggravated all of that, so much so that I didn't make my Sunday finance meeting.

Let's just say it was best for me to stick around the house, lol.

So here we are, back at Monday morning. I am a little remiss about going back to work today... It will be full of complaints, full of slights that are thrown to make me feel guilty about taking time off.

I will never apologize for needing some "me" time.

My job is not the bane of my existence.

I am not my job.

My job is not my source. God is my source.

Thank goodness for that.

I did much praying this morning, just so I can stand in the face of all that, and not let it get me down.

Because, you know, I will be taking more vacations. More time off, you see.

I will be doing that on purpose.

This vacation opened me up to a whole new world...

I ain't never been nowhere before where, when you step out of your travel van...

There's a dude standing there...




...with a glass of chilled champagne, and a cold wet towel for my face.

They don't do that type of thang at the Motel 6, shorty...

I guess that's what 4 and 5 star is all about, hunh?

Stay tuned for vacay pics this week...

And in the meantime, have a good week... on purpose.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46:00 AM

    I have thought about you more than once while you were on vacation. You so deserve to see the world, and experience it fully.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back Ladylee? I konw you had the most awesome of times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit2:54:00 PM

    Good stuff! Welcome back.

    I think I can appreciate a glass of bubbly waiting for me as I step out of the vehicle. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation.

    I missed you

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!! *Doing the Snoopy happy dance*

    Glad you had a good time Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like my kinda vacation. Can I hire that guy to just follow me around my life? lol

    Glad you had a good vacation. You deserved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Old Gal! You needed the break...and MANY more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. I should have been with yall on your vacation. How did I miss this. I guess I was working too hard and long... Not next year...

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!