Friday, June 04, 2010

Freestyle Fridays

It's Friday!!!

TGIF!

Man, this week was short. I suppose because I had a 4 day weekend this past weekend.

And yeah mon, I need MORE of those.

I'm not sure what's going on this past week, but it seems like every morning on the news, the top story is some joker running his car into the side of a house or building. Not sure what that's about. And I'm not sure if it should be top news if no ones hurt.

So they finally caught up with the dude who "misplaced" Natalie Holloway. Turns out a woman was found dead in his hotel room in Peru. I don't think he'll get away from this one. You kill once and get away with it, you'll eventually get cocky enough to do it again. I know they say innocent until proven guilty, but this dude started out with a guilt cloud over his head. I'm totally suprised that women he runs up on don't get the heck out of dodge. No way I would be going off alone with that dude.

What is up with this oil spill? The oil has flowed 150 miles from the point of the well explosion. They've capped the thing, but it's still spewing. I give them the benefit of the doubt, because all of this is happening a mile below the ocean surface. But is it just me, or is BP shady as hell? It's like they're making up stuff. Just tell the truth: we have NO idea what we're doing.

That's a LOT of oil coming spewing. And there are over 30 rigs out in the gulf. That's more oil. And no telling what's off the coast of Alaska. We could have conceivably been our supplying our own oil sources rather than depending on the middle east. Hmm... Wonder why that's not the case?

I will ponder and continue to wonder.

I am slowly getting together my vegetarian posts. Slowly. It should be interesting. I have so much to say, but I'm working on not being so longwinded. (Newsflash: it is NOT working out). So I will just go with the flow. Yep, that's the ticket.

This has been such a wasted week at work. UGH. Should've taken the whole week off. I don't do well after long weekends. Takes a few days to get back into the groove. Yesterday, I was terribly sleepy all day. I REALLY needed a nap.

I don't have a big weekend planned. I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow. And since I can't seem to leave work on Friday evenings early enough to get to church on time, I've taken to attending church on Sunday mornings, and that's working out very well. I do like Friday evening bible study, but it's a mad dash to get to the southside in Friday traffic. So Sunday will do. And I'm glad for it.

But that's it for me.

I hope your week has been a good one.

And I hope your weekend will be a great one.

5 comments:

  1. Dude you need to stop talking about "trying not to be longwinded". Seriously, you are what you are and we love you just the same. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are >here< on BP. They are shady as all get out. I mean how are you gonna not take the proper precautions in the beginning to save a measly $500,000 when you are dealing in the billions. Greedy and shady...smh. Somebody check Dick Chaney's pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont even know what to say about BP. I just really hope they figure out something soon. But you know good and well they can't get on the news and say "Hey, any of y'all have suggestions, b/c we dont."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see....when you said that you were going to do some vegetarian posts, I envisioned a picture and a recipe. Now you're talking about being longwinded. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're dealing with a lot of stuff Lis. If I may use a line from Bull Durham. "...candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two!"

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!