Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Night Special

Monday...Again!

Not gonna complain. Happy to see a NEW day.

Happy NEW DAY to you. Out with the OLD, in with the NEW. Right now. TODAY.

Something good is going to happen today, even though it's a Monday. Still, a chance for good things to happen.

Wow. I wrote that this morning. Meant to post it this morning. I thought to myself, "Nerp, I will post during lunchtime." I didn't have lunch today because I was so busy. And that's a good thing. Can't get caught blogging while eating my lunch.

That really isn't a good idea. Negroes swear I blog all day.

So that worked out well.

Alas... Monday night special.

I got off from work tonight and I needed a DRANK. Not a drink. A DRANK. A STRONG DRANK.

So I went to the Noodle house across the street from work, sat at the bar, and ordered a strong drank!


Water... on the rocks.


And it was good. While I waited on my spicy basil noodle with tofu take-out.

I am sorry that I haven't been posting everyday. Man oh man, do I have a LOT to post, but things have been quite hectic. Work has been swashbuckling, a real rat race, and I am just trying to adjust to the change of pace. So when I get home, I'm trying to decompress from my day, and spend more time on my personal writing.

This month, it's looking like I will hit 24,000 words written for the month. I've spent a good amount of time working on the second half of a novella, which I believe I will finish tomorrow. Heck, it may even be a full novel. Not sure. I am going to spend a little time today, probably during lunch (if I get a lunch), [update: NO LUNCH TODAY] planning my February writing.

I am looking forward to next month. BIRTHDAY month! *cartwheels* I will be turning 42 this year. I have been thinking about that, just reflecting over the past year. I have no special plans, even though I decided when I was 40 that I would spend my birthdays out of the country on vacation. I just was not interested this year. I MAY go on a cruise in June (if Green Eyed Bandit get back to me with the info, if it's not too late). But I haven't been all that interested in doing anything. My sister wants to do something but her teacher schedule is pretty rigid, and for some ODD reason that chicken gets a little nervous about spending more than a hundred bucks on a vacation. Sigh.

So, my birthday will be quiet. I think me and LadyTee are spending the day together. I have put in for a couple of days off, so we will see if that gets approved.

January though... it has been a pretty good month. The highlight for me, as I have said above is really being stringent about my writing. My goal is around 500 words per day, which is a small goal, and takes a good 30 minutes give or take. But I end up taking more than that, sometimes writing upwards of 2000 words. I think I average around 750 words a day. I am VERY happy about that.

I am working on not spending quite so much time thinking about my stories, and spending more time actually writing my stories. And that has been a good transition and it is working out well.

Nothing particularly interesting happened this weekend. I had a good conversation with Grandma. They always telling her some craziness down at the bank. This time some idiotic mess concerning the account she has under me. She needs to call me next time and hand them the phone. Take care of that real quick.

Please, don't abuse the elderly. Geesh!

I was over to her house one day last year, and she had an interesting book on Biblical Gap Theory. I asked her for the title of it so I could order it. She said she has to look for it.

Grandma has a degree in biblical psychology. She has upwards of 3000 books at her house.

"I don't know where I put that book, Sugar. I'll find it for you!"

Grandma is going to be looking for that book for awhile.

A VERY long time.

Long. Long. Time.

I baked a GANG of cookies on Sunday. I mailed them today. A couple of folk I owe cookies too- Dee in San Diego and the infamous La - ya'll need to text my phone with your address. If you don't have my phone number, you better get it. Which means email me, and I send you my number. I don't worry about you stalking me. I stalk La something terrible, so she's not going to stalk me. And I wouldn't mind a phone convo with Dee, so whatever.

Man, I can't keep up with addresses on the email. Sigh. You better text me! Quickly.

If you recently texted your address, your cookies are on the way. They will be there on Wednesday. That is all. (Look out for that ketchup too, Lisa B.!)

This morning, I passed the funeral procession police car line up for a policewoman who was hit by a drunk driver on the freeway last week, while she was directing traffic around an accident at a highway exit not too far from my house.

That sobered me up. I had a hard week last week, and a strange and tiring day today.

But any day I make it home at night... and have to decide whether I want to fold clothes or take out the garbage or clean up the kitchen... or just lazy around on the sofa...


hat makes it a good day. Period.

It means I made it home tonight. Some people didn't.

That makes it a good day.

And don't you forget it. I know I won't.

Seeing something like that really takes the "whine" out of one's whining. And rightfully so.

Really though.

So that's what's on my mind early this monday Morning [UPDATE: Monday night].

Look out for a Food-For-Thought post this week. It's something that's been on my mind allll month long. I think you will get something out of it. Changed my way of looking at things this year.

Have a GREAT Monday! [UPDATE: have a great WEEK]

On PuRpOSe.

3 comments:

  1. So sad about the police officer :(

    So much death lately. Does make you super thankful about your own life.

    I need some water on the rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47:00 AM

    Death does have a way of making us all realize how blessed we truly are!

    Ummmmmmm, you and yo play mama can have that water on the rocks. I need a strongER drank.

    Cant wait to try the ketchup!!!

    ~LisaB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:46:00 PM

    I was feeling a little down today and WHOO WOO... cookies for me??? I'm smiling hard now....

    I wouldn't mind a convo with you either...although i'm more of a texting kind of gal....unles it's face to face then I LUV A GREAT CONVO...

    email on the way...THANKS....

    Dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!