Monday, March 05, 2012

Monday Afternoon Snack

Meant to post this morning...

But oh well...

An after lunch snack on a Monday will have to do.

This weekend was a quiet one, more full of errand running than anything else. Of course I didn't get everything I meant to get done finished up. And that's okay. Today is a new day. I'm going to work it out.

I saw Grandma this weekend. That was interesting, as she does like to talk my ear off. I gave her a belated birthday gift - a 6 pack of socks. Everybody can use some socks. (of course, I had NO idea what to get her. And there's nothing like warm feets).

I talked to my sister this weekend. She said "Lisa, I just called to say Thank you."

*crickets*

"Uh... for what, man?"

"Just for encouraging me with my personal goals. I talk to my friends, and they are not even talking about such things."

"Uh... ok, man."

LOL.

Her friends, man, I tell you. It's bad enough that they don't have much going on, but they turn around and talk trash to her about her goals, etc. Pisses me off.

Too many times I've told her, "Don't talk to them broads. Come in here and talk to Oscar-Tyrone or something. At least he don't talk back! Ugh!"

Shoot. Reminds me of an old favorite quote that I put up once.

"Don't discuss your uncommon dreams and goals with common people."

Really though.

That's all I have for today. I'm gonna try to post most of the week. No promises. I got a LOT of stuff to put up.

Song of the week. Not sure why I'm just coming across this song, but I loved-ed it!





This is an interesting song... She said they'd been driniking while doing this song. And I can tell! They has some liquor in them! LOL

And it sounds especially good in Lucy the Lexus' deluxe sound system.

*lee cheesing XTRA hard*

I like the song for the hard turn it takes from hardcore to slow and mellow in the middle. That's some originalness right there!

That's all I have for today...

Tomorrow... "My day in Court, Part II"...

*Chele spits her water all over her computer; Lee hands her the phone so she can call the IT department for the umpteenth time*

Chele is one of my favorite bloggers and authors.

This must be "Mess with Chele" month.

*Chele punches lee in the nose and throws her out the window*

HA HA!!

Refresh yourself with "My Day in Court, Part I"

And have a great week. On purpose!

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy mess with Chele month, can't wait to read the rest. Yeah...Chele's name would be on the "She broke it again list at our help desk." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote you posted. It speaks to me so I'll have to steal it and post it. Thanks!

    And you can mess with me all you want ... makes me feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't discuss your uncommon dreams and goals with common people." <------YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't discuss your uncommon dreams and goals with common people.

    I just made that horrible mistake. Now, I'm trying to shake off the doubt. I'll shake it off but, it taught me a valuable lesson. Everyone can't be privy to your vision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer2:37:00 PM

    "Don't discuss your uncommon dreams and goals with common people."

    I think I may post that on a wall where I can see it often. Is that your quote or from someone else?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!