Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Freestyles...

My goodness...

This week went by super FAST.

But Friday is here.

And it is PAYDAY!

*Cartwheels*

I have been busy. To the point where I didn't post. I was just too busy. And my primary laptop has been acting up. So I am on the netbook now, which is not cute. And alas, I am finishing this post during my lunch break...

This has been a fast paced, albeit quiet week for me... It started out with the dentist appointment, which went well. The gorgeous Dr. Watson wasn't so gorgeous with that drill in his hand.

He kept hitting my shoulder and saying

"Wassup, girl? Why you frowning? Wassup?"

That was peppered heavily with "You a'ight, girl? You a'ight? Wassup?"

I wanted to say, "Shawty if you don't be quiet and go head on and work it out!"

LOL

He is a nice man. He makes you feel like you at a Fat Boys or a Dougie Fresh Concert.

Didnt' hurt one bit. I had some surface cavities filled. NOT sure why he had to deaden that side of my mouth for that, but whatever. It took most of the day before that side of of my mouth was legit again. Note to self: Do NOT go to work after a dentist appointment. I was NOT in the mood later that day.

Sad news today. My cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre's Uncle Cre passed yesterday. She has a bunch of uncles, but this one was the one responsible for the meat preparations at family gatherings.






I liked Uncle Cre. He was always nice to me, and put up with me asking a million questions and taking a bunch of pictures. Very nice man, indeed, as is all of her family.

Rest in peace, Uncle Richard. You will surely be missed.

Quote of the day. CowgirlCre was reading a draft of my latest novel, which had been sitting on my desk. The lead character wished that everyone could experience working as a bank teller in their lifetime, because:

People are their bank accounts, and their bank accounts tell the whole story.

Hmm... I do believe this to be true. If we look at our bank statements or check registry, we can tell a lot about a person. Most notably their habits. And habits tell much about a person.

Just a thought. CowgirlCre and I had a lively discussion about it yesterday. The character talked about how a fine man could come in the bank. He appears to have it going on, but one look at that bank account may reveal that he is faking the funk. Same thing with a female prancing up in there, hair done, clothes fly, fly ride... and all the time in a ridiculous amount of debt.

Hmm...

Mega Millions. Jackpot is now 640 million. Heck yeah, I bought tickets. I don't buy tickets unless it hits 300 million. And I buy tickets on my birthday. That is it, so it's rare. Don't let me win that sucker. WOW.

I was talking to my sister Kentucky last night, and she said "If I won, I'd keep working."

*crickets*

"Hells no," I replied. "I ain't even calling in. I just won't show up to work anymore. Ever. Nope."

Hilarious.

That is a lot of money. Whoever wins, hope they be alright. Because you know how people are. They will come out the woodworks. Relatives you didn't even know you had will be showing up at their front door.

A high class problem indeed. Yes it is.

Song of the Week. Never heard this song before... Yay Pandora.







Oh Michael! Ugh! Still can't believe he is gone. Ugh! *upset all over again*

Springtime is nigh. Easter is almost here. I am looking forward to it. Yes indeed.

I have to work half a day tomorrow. :(

But that is okay. Get in here early and get on out before noon. And it's all good.

You all have a good weekend. On purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I got my tickets! Girl, if I win,I'm gettin' ghost! LOL
    Folks are buying tickets like crazy here for that 640 mil-I-ams!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!