Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Ah yes...

It is Monday... once again.

At least I'm not working a full day. I went to the doctor this morning for my regular standing appointment I have every 8 weeks.

I smile everytime I go to the doctor's office. I have to keep from laughing.

Why? Because of LadyTee. She has gone to my doctor a few times in the past.

"Yeah, Lee, I saw your girl, your doctor."
"Oh yeah, you saw, Dr. B?"
"Yeah," LadyTee said. "I was looking at her shoes. She wears those Payless shoes from the 1980s. I wanted to tell her, now, don't nobody wear those shoes anymore, honey. I know you make enough money to go buy yourself some nice pumps!"

We got a good laugh out of that. And now, when I see my Doctor, I have to make sure to look her square in the eye. If I look at her shoes, I will fall out laughing...

All of my bloodwork looked really good. I even lost some weight (don't see where, but the scale- it don't lie, man). So that's a good thing.

She asked me how my birthday was. I told her it was fine and dandy, and that I bought a car! She was pleased to hear that, but of course, she wasn't impressed by the model. She has the top of the line big Mercedes Benz, the one that costs well over $100,000.00.

That's the way to roll... even if you're wearing Payless shoes from the 1980s.

Really though.

Anyway, this was a good weekend, but a busy one. I actually did yardwork on Saturday and Sunday. AND I cleaned out my garage (which is odd for me- sweeping it out and throwing out useless stuff only took about 30 minutes. You can't beat that).

I hatcheted up my front yard, but at least it's cut. I did a great job on the back yard. I tried to trim the hedges, but uh... let's just say that I'm going to Home Depot to buy a nice electric trimmer. Holding up those hedge clippers if for the birds. Ya'll can have that! Ugh!

So, in the process I junked up my good Nikes.



*lee looking down at grass-stained shoes and screaming really loud*

So I immediately jumped in the car and drove down to Ellenwood for some new ones!

Yes. I sat those right up on the coffee table. Just because.



Anyway... I have fresh new kicks.

It was quite HAWT this weekend. And you know I'm a juicing fool right now.

So what's better after a weekend of yardwork in the hot sun that a cool refreshing drink?



It looks cute, but those grapefruit weren't cold when I juiced them. So I had to break out the blender and the ice!



That was good. Bet it would've been better if it had some liquor in it. I have some tequila and rum and whatever else in a cabinet. Ya'll better be glad I'm not a lush! LOL.

Grapefruit Mint. I have to remember that. Very cool. Very refreshing.

I even offered some to that Original Oldcat, Oscar-Tyrone.



As you can see, he ignored me. He wouldn't even look at me. Humph.

He has been such a jerk lately. I'm not sure what his problem is. I hope he's not sick. He better work it out if he is.

Maybe it's his new catfood. It has cranberries and barley, real chicken and brown rice and flax. Maybe he's a bit salty behind that.

When he gets to acting like that, I play his song... the song from which his middle name comes from.




"You Better call Oscar-Tyrone!!! Call him!... and tell him come on and help you get your sh**!"

LOL!

(Oscar-Tyrone is not amused... of course).

Ya'll have a great week! On purpose!

7 comments:

  1. Payless shoes & top of the line Mercedes...Yeah I wouldn't be able to look at her shoes without laughing too.

    I am such a kitchen gadget nerd...I'm almost ready to go buy a juicer. But I'd probably only use it a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking on acing the tests and theweight loss... Just had some carrot/beet, hemmed me UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went well with the Dr. I'm still cracking up about the Payless Shoes. Sounds like my mother who will spend hundreds on anything electronic but won't buy good pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAWD!! New car..New shoes!! Get it girl. Ima have to start singing Katrina and the Waves "Walking on Sunshine" when you walk down the hall !! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I had posted a comment yesterday and now its gone. Happened two other times too. You erasing my comments Lee? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ginae... I was hoping you wasn't thinking that. For some reason, your comments were coming straight to my email, and not here. Not sure what's up with that.

    But it's here now! *cartwheels*

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL toooo funny!

    Hey, those are the EXACT same pair of shoes lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!