Monday, September 17, 2012

Good Monday Morning Randomness

A new week has begun! *cartwheels*

(Might as well do virtual cartwheels... just to jumpstart myself for the week).

I am happy that the temperatures are going down. This means lower energy bills for me. I already so a $50 decrease last month in the electric bill for last month, so I am happy about that.

September is halfway over. Where the heck did this month go??? I haven't even written out my goals for the fall, even though I have gotten a couple of them taken care of. I better get that goals list written out soon!

What an interesting weekend I had.

My weekend.  Much more than normal going on, that's for sure.

I went to the farmer's market, which is always interesting. Going on a Saturday is taxing, since everybody and their Mama is up in that camp.

The most interesting thing I saw was the winter melon.


I've never heard of that before. The picture doesn't do it justice. Those melons have to be at least 15 to 20 pounds a piece. I'm not buying anything that big. Plus, it looks a bit ashy and in need of some lotion.

I would've taken a better picture but pictures aren't allowed there. I got dissed while taking other pictures earlier this year, and their some workers standing nearby when I took this one. I didn't want to get arrested!

On Saturday I also got a spa pedicure... The feet were looking a bit jacked up, big time. So that was pretty cool.  There were a LOT of men getting pedicures that day. Not sure what that's about. I guess men like their feet to be nice too.

On Sunday, I took Grandma to see my uncle in the nursing home. It's was his birthday on Saturday. He turned 58. I still think of my uncles and aunt as being in their 20s for some reason. I suppose they will always be frozen as that age in my mind.

That was a good visit. We stayed for 2 hours. I wasn't O_O like last time. Much calmer this time.

Upon taking Grandma back home, I snapped a picture of one of her flowers.


A sunflower.  And it had to be at least 8 feet tall. She is a pro when it comes to planting flowers. I would love to grow something like that.

I didn't get a chance to cut the grass. I'm going to have to figure that out sometime this week, possibly when I get home in the evenings. Only takes about 15 minutes to cut the front yard, so that will have to do for now.

Post of the week.  There are 2 posts that I read over the past month that have stuck with me, and they are both from the Infamous La, who I tend to stalk from time to time, lol. I soooo love her writing.

In "Hindsight", La gives the advice she wish someone would've given her before she went off to college. Heck man, I needed that advice too, honey. Really though.

"Talk that Talk" is a nice piece of romance for those of you who like good romance writing!

La was going for 30 posts in 30 days. I clicked my heels when she said that because that meant that I would be reading some well crafted posts! She is a bit younger than me, so I had to dial way back in my mental rolodex to remember my own quarter life crises isshas in order to be able to fully relate But it was a good thing!

Song of the week. Oldie but goodie by Mary J Blige. This has been on heavy rotation for some reason.



That's from Mary's first album. I liked her a lot better back then when she had a bunch of isshas. Thank goodness she got herself together, but her music was better way back when she was high!

Now the highlight of my weekend was attending Mama Nikki's baby sister's 50th birthday party.

I will talk about that tomorrow. Always a good time hanging out with that crew. I sure wish Nikki was there. It's always nice to look at the pictures around her parents house and remember.

This picture was on the wall.


Yes, you are missed, Oldgirl.... but your folks are something else! lol

Have a good week, ya'll... on purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that it's getting just a little cooler too. Although I usually prefer the summer over any other season, this summer was entirely too hot.

    Those white melons are tasty as hell!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!