Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Go Girl! I said GO GIRL!

Lo and behold!

Saturday Night Live finally hired a sista for the show!

Sasheer Zamata!

I was washing dishes when I heard this on the news. I stretched to see who it was. I almost dropped a dish.

I bet alllllll the dark skinned sisters with natural hair went CRAZY!!!


I bet ya'll out there popping bottles over this selection. LOL




Go girl. I said, Go girl.

There have only been 4 black women on the show in the past 35 years. Bout time.

I just knew they were going to select a... light skinned, long hair sista for that. And that would have been okay, because Maya Rudolph was on there for a few years and she was HILARIOUS. I can't say I watched much since she left. It's just not my brand of humor, and the writing is a bit horrid. (I write good enough. They could hire me and I would do a good job. Humph).

But go girl. I hope you get some good skits.

The last good episode of that show that I saw was the Betty White episode, which was classic.

Hopefully the new addition brings some laughs to the show. Might be worth me staying up late to watch.

8 comments:

  1. unityfalls6:02:00 PM

    I cosign them hiring you as a writer. I do not watch the show but I añ glad for the sistet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch it either. I might have to catch a show or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bandit and Unityfalls... I watch it ONLY if I am awake. It's according to who will be hosting, though. I just hope they give her some good material. The writing is a bit horrid. Maybe 10% of the show is funny. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually only watch for the musical performances. Never really been a big fan of SNL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched SNL in YEARS. I used to watch with my aunt in the 80's when Eddie Murphy was on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might actually stay up to watch lol. I can't BELIEVE she looks like US lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment, "I can't believe she looks like Us." She has the natural hair and everything.

      Delete
  7. I haven't watched SNL in awhile. I should check it out to see how this girl is on there

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!