Monday, January 27, 2014

Robbed... without a Gun

Now I can't even tell you what is popular in urban current music... but I know I do like Kendrick.


And last night at the Grammys, he got robbed... without a gun. Even Macklemore admitted that much.

He shut the Grammys down with the performance of the night. I bet he sold some CDs over that one!

It's gonna be alright Kendrick.


Don't be sad, Kendrick!

Go back in the studio and make another Hip-hop classic.

You win the LadyLee award. You are the only one that done made this Old chicken LadyLee turn her head to any current rap music. Your CD is the only rap CD I have purchased in the last 10 years. Go figure.

And I'm gonna have my own Kendrick concert. Humph!!











Black Hippy BET Cypher!!





(And dear Black Hippy Collective. Please come out with a CD. Much obliged. That is all).

Poor Kendrick... I'm not sure why he didn't win. Maybe it was that unsettling Control Verse that angered everybody for a few months. Had rappers making all kind of response raps. Sigh. That might've lost him a few votes.

Better luck next time!

And there will be a next time.

9 comments:

  1. I guess I have to go listen to see what he is about. I never really listened to his music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me, honey. I pay NO attention to current urban music. Give me my old rap music at least 20 years or older, thank you very much. I just happen to see him as the musical guest on Saturday night live. That was good enough for me. And his CD is a concept album, so you know I am down for that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:38:00 AM

    thanks for this post! I feel so bad for him. I placed my comment under the wrong post earlier. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?

      Did you hear Macklemore's CD? Music to do your hair by. Bubblegum at its best.

      Delete
  3. I am further behind you. I have not listened to an entire song by Kendrick. I guess I am old now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to the entire CD from top to bottom. It's like reading a book. He has his Mama and daddy and em' on there. Haven't heard anything that stellar since Notorious Big's Ready to Die.

      Delete
  4. He was nominated for 7 awards and won nothing. I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dude got robbed without a gun. Did you see the text message Macklemore sent him? O_o.

    He wasn't gonna win... wasn't snap, crackle and POP enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved his performance as well.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!