Thursday, January 02, 2014

Christmas Outfit 2013

I know Christmas is over, and 'tis the New Year and all.

*throws glitter*

I still have Christmas on my mind, though.

Not really. But I have one last Christmas post in draft. And I don't want to leave it there in the draft Wastelands.

Now, I posted up my Christmas tree. It wasn't my tree, but you know how I am.

 And I also posted up my Christmas dinner. Yes, that was mine.

And now I want to post up my Christmas outfit.

Well it's not my outfit. I turned the furnace up to 85 and wore shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day.

But that doesn't keep me from picking a Christmas outfit that someone else wore.

The outfit belonged to one of our managers, "Runner C".  We call her Runner C because she runs like she is the female Forrest Gump. Running and running and running.

If you can remember back, she wore the nice Halloween outfit.

She broke out her festive Christmas outfit.

Now you may not think that is festive. But it was indeed. Because the rest of us were in "fake it til you make it" mode.  We are scientific people. Just be happy we showed up at the Christmas party, honey. Just be glad.

Runner C wasn't having it. She was going to have some workplace morale all by herself if she had to.

Really though.

Runner C leaped out of bed that morning, threw open her closet with glee the morning of the Christmas party.

She even had the hot boots.
That looks like that's that real leather, not the fake leather we get at the Discount Mall. She paid a little money for those.

Go girl. I said, go girl.

Runner C was dressed like she was not only attending our 10:00 am Christmas party, but she had to hit the Christmas party at the real estate office on the corner. Followed by the Christmas party down the street at the dentist office where I took my Grandma last year to get her dentures looked at.

Followed by Happy hour at the local bar.

I am only guessing at all this. Whether true or not, she was dressed comfortably and very warmly.

She even broke out the Santa Claus hat.
Go girl. That's a nice hat. She snatched that hat off of Mrs. Claus head when they were competing in a half marathon race at the North Pole.

Get down, Runner C. Complete your outfit. By any means necessary.

Now, when the party was over, someone said we should get leftovers. As you can see Runner C is in line. I was right behind her. I had my eyes on the collard greens she's shown getting above.

Runner C took most of the greens.

"Dang, you taking all the collard greens," I hollered.

"Oh," she said. "I'm sorry."

"N'awl, that's alright," I said.

I couldn't hate on her. I figured she remembered that she had volunteered to bring the collard greens to the Christmas party at the real estate office on the corner.

Or to the dentist office down the street where I took my Grandma to get her dentures looked at.

Or to Happy hour. Collard greens would go well with hot wings, sliders, and $3 drink specials.

Or maybe not.

Anyway, Runner C is always a good sport and will pose for pictures.

I can't wait to see her holiday outfit for the Flag day or the Fourth of July.

*Runner C prancing down the hall in her American flag dress and white go-go boots... and a Statue of Liberty crown high upon her head*

Whatever she wears, it will bring lively conversation... and much joy to us all!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Runner C. I understand dragging the Christmas spirit into the office. I am glad to see that the scientists shared a Christmas meal together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessings......
    interesting and entertaining ramble.
    have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me to get a santa hat next year lol, well this year lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!