Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Best Juice Ever



So...

I was walking through a natural foods store and I saw this.


Something called "Chuice".

Hmm...

First off, there is a LOT of stuff floating around in that bottle. A lot.

Second, you may have to blow it up to see it, but look at that price!

$28.99!!!

$28.99 for a half gallon of juice!

What. in. the. world.

Why pay THAT much for juice? Granted, this place gives a 5% discount to members (which I think is absurdly low, even if I am not a member).

But that's pricey. Part of me wanted to pop it open and take a swig.

(No way did I do such a thing. But it's funny to think about such a thing).

But...

They DID have a smaller bottle, though.


It was $7.00.

That is still expensive, but I was nosy. So I bought it.

Look at what it contains: "Over 45 all natural fruit, vegetables, seeds and herbs"

That's a lot going on.

And you can see it in the list of ingredients.


Now that don't make much sense to me, putting all that stuff in one bottle like that. That looks like somebody just opened the fridge and the cupboard and threw EVERYTHING in sight in a blender.

No way this could be any good.

And look at all that stuff floating around in it.
I thought it was a few things just floating around, but this was all throughout the juice.

Leaves and seeds and such....


Maybe if they could have placed it in a blender for another 30 minutes or so.

But you know what? That was the BEST juice I've ever had. BEST. The best juice ever. Very fresh, and very good.

(It'd better be for 7 bucks. That is all).

True enough, I was chewing like a cow the whole time. And I guess that's what the name was all about... I was actually chewing the whole time while I was drinking it.

But it was GREAT.

My only problem with it was that it wasn't organic and there was no expiration date on it. It would be a shame to pay close to $30 for a half gallon and not know it was going to spoil.

And I like my fresh green juices to be very heavy on the vegetable side, and lighter on the fruit.

I'm not sure I want to pay that much anyway. But my $7 bottle was a real treat.

And the story of how it came about is quite interesting.


I wonder if I can make that at home.

Nope.

I don't think I have THAT many ingredients in my fridge and kitchen cabinet!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:13:00 PM

    That is a lot of ingredients. And I am not sure I want to chew my juice...but if I ever see it, I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That waws worth it. I may never buy it again, but it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Knowing me, I would make my own -- and would actually juice it so it was drinkable. Not into chewable juice. I'm sure it was good, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is basically some take EVERYTHING out the fridge and juice it all.

      The chewing was a bit too much going on, though. Felt like a cow chewing its cud.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:53:00 PM

    Why did I look at this and want some? I ain't paying $7 for some juice...LOL! It looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl it was good. Worth the one and only time I will pay that much for some juice, lol!

      Delete
  4. that's some expensive juice!!! lol It better be good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. $7 is fine. That $28 for half a gallon is what got me all bothered.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:03:00 PM

    I have thoughts of "chugging" or "sampling" things sometimes when I'm at the store to "see if I'd like it"...hehe!

    I think I would have pureed it some more before 'drinking' it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!