Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lessons in Bootleg

Do you understand the meaning of the word "bootleg"?

It's explaining how ghetto LadyLee is.

If not, here's a clear picture of what bootleg is:


Yes!

Don't act. You KNOW some of ya'll had the new TV on top of the old one when you were little. The new television sat on top of the floor model set that went out.

Am I the only one? I hope not. Maybe that's a southern thing. Who knows.

Let's not even talk about the cords wrapped around the staircase post like it is. I only did that to help Oscar-Tyrone. He 'bout bust his azz one day coming down those stairs and tripping up over the cord. The Oldcat did not take pleasure with being laughed at like that. And I myself wasn't happy about seeing the TV wobble when Oscar tripped on the cord. Ugh.

I brought that TV downstairs on Christmas to use with the Roku, as the Roku does not hook up to the old one...

And it's April, and I haven't taken the flatscreen back upstairs to the spare bedroom.

I rarely go upstairs. I was thinking about buying another TV and taking that one back upstairs. But the tube TV works just fine.

Plus my sister bought that old tube tv for me at an estate sale for $35 a couple of years ago. I don't want to get rid of my sister's gift. And it is too heavy for me to take upstairs. Sigh.

So for now, bootleg is the order of the day.

And this gives me a chance to play my song of the week. Of course it has NOTHING to do with bootleg.

I just like how it begins, and how I bootleged it for the opening words of this very post:

"Do you understand the metaphoric phrase Lyte as a Rock? It's explaining how heavy the young lady is."

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Bootleg is not just a Southern thing! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I knew you'd know something about that from your Cleveland days.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:43:00 PM

    LOL! Truth be told I do not buy new televisions until they go out and with that being said I do not own a flat screen television. That is why I do not understand why these kids keep trying to break into my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. detroit Meek Meek7:54:00 PM

    That is definitely not a southern thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....Brings Back Memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Yeah we did the bootleg with floor model. I live in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, you are so crazy!!! I had to show your posts to my co-workers.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!